Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Mission planning

Reaction score
Dear all,
I've just purchased and testflown my new Typhoon H - great stuff!.... Since I'm keen on generating high resolution terrain/surface models I need some tools to properly plan my flight mission with special attention to overlap of the aerial images to be taken. There's open source software on the market (e.g. Mission Planner, APM Planner), however, only tailored for specific autopilots such as MicroPilot or ArduPilot. UAV Toolbox seems adequate for many applications, but not for photogrammetry missions.
...any remedy?
Regards, Holger

I use uav toolbox and/or ccc editor for my terrain mapping. I find ccc editor will show the view area.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Shadowolf! I use Agisoft to generate point clouds and subsequently DEMs/DSMs. In order to get enough matching points for the bundle adjustment it would be expedient to see and check the overlap footprints prior to starting the mission - without proper overlap of the imagery you might get data gaps... With mission Planner you can specifiy the focal lens of your camera, enter DEM data for UAV flying altitude and so forth.... As far as I can judge from the information provided on the uav toolbox such features are not furnished.....

Yeah. I was looking for the same when I got my H also but nothing is up to that caliber yet.
But the uav toolbox and the other 2 are what I have found and I do get good results from them.
I have used agi. , dronedeploy, Opendronemap and maps made easy. Useing these..
Maybe when the new H520 comes out more options will come available.

Yeah. I was looking for the same when I got my H also but nothing is up to that caliber yet.
But the uav toolbox and the other 2 are what I have found and I do get good results from them.
I have used agi. , dronedeploy, Opendronemap and maps made easy. Useing these..
Maybe when the new H520 comes out more options will come available.
Thanks again for our input!!! Best regards

Dear all,
I've just purchased and testflown my new Typhoon H - great stuff!.... Since I'm keen on generating high resolution terrain/surface models I need some tools to properly plan my flight mission with special attention to overlap of the aerial images to be taken. There's open source software on the market (e.g. Mission Planner, APM Planner), however, only tailored for specific autopilots such as MicroPilot or ArduPilot. UAV Toolbox seems adequate for many applications, but not for photogrammetry missions.
...any remedy?
Regards, Holger

Look under 59 acres map on this forum for a good thread on this

I'm looking at grid planning and improved map tools for the next release of UAV Toolbox. If you're impatient though, you can use the tools to manually plan a photogrammetry mission - use the camera estimation to keep good overlap between rows, and set the yaw to the same for all waypoints (90 degrees to the direction of flight). It doesn't have to be totally precise to get pretty good results - I scanned a wood the other day with very satisfying output.

Tuna,

Regarding your work with incorporating grid planning for your tool box. You might consider finding a way to make that function a separate feature. For those that want it they would need to obtain a new license, for a fee in addition to the basic Toolbox, before it could be set up in the Tool box. Don't give this stuff away for a single basic fee. Make it a tiered platform. Professionals will understand.

Ok I re looked at those apps and it's uav toolbox that has the view estimate but make sure you select the lens and camera or video to get correct estimate.

Tuna,

Regarding your work with incorporating grid planning for your tool box. You might consider finding a way to make that function a separate feature. For those that want it they would need to obtain a new license, for a fee in addition to the basic Toolbox, before it could be set up in the Tool box. Don't give this stuff away for a single basic fee. Make it a tiered platform. Professionals will understand.
..entirely agreed!!!

I'm looking at grid planning and improved map tools for the next release of UAV Toolbox. If you're impatient though, you can use the tools to manually plan a photogrammetry mission - use the camera estimation to keep good overlap between rows, and set the yaw to the same for all waypoints (90 degrees to the direction of flight). It doesn't have to be totally precise to get pretty good results - I scanned a wood the other day with very satisfying output.
This sounds extremely useful, Tuna!!! Talking of surveying....every surveyor/photogrammetrist would appreciate an option for defining a preset/constant flying altitude above the objects to be surveyed (e.g. forests). ...hope I'm not too pushy....?! A million thanks for your contribution - it's much appreciated!!!

This sounds extremely useful, Tuna!!! Talking of surveying....every surveyor/photogrammetrist would appreciate an option for defining a preset/constant flying altitude above the objects to be surveyed (e.g. forests). ...hope I'm not too pushy....?! A million thanks for your contribution - it's much appreciated!!!

Rooikrans,

Are you referring to having the Toolbox grid adjust for the terrain, or are you wanting a way around the need to adjust the altitude of each waypoint as you create it?

If the latter, simply set the "focus on" option (bottom of screen, toward right) to use the "match last" waypoint.. Before you create another waypoint, ensure the previous, or current waypoint has the settings you want (altitude, yaw, camera angle). After that, each new waypoint will default to the settings of the previous.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

Tuna,

Hi Patr and Tuna,
Yes you are correct Patr I would be one of those people that would pay extra fees for such capable extras. As I have said before in this forum Uavtool box is very cheap for what it does. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Hej,
jag har provat ccc editor, men när jag genererar en fil så blir det ingen mxl fil.
Vad gör jag för fel?
Behövs något speciellt program till dator?.
Provar på eng också.
i have try ccc editor but when i generate a fil it will not be a mxl fil.
what do i wrong?

Hej,
jag har provat ccc editor, men när jag genererar en fil så blir det ingen mxl fil.
Vad gör jag för fel?
Behövs något speciellt program till dator?.
Provar på eng också.
i have try ccc editor but when i generate a fil it will not be a mxl fil.
what do i wrong?
Please comment or post in English only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy