Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Motors not starting

I have connected the drone to the GUI software and watched the accelerometers, gyros and the compass. All 3 are jumping around like crazy. Is this normal? it's been a while since I have connected the drone to the software. I went on Yuneec website and looked for some firmware downloads for the drone but can only find downloads for the H520 drone and the controller. I am guessing that since the drone is discontinued, they don't keep the downloads for it on the website anymore. I have attached a short video of the GUI program while the drone was connected.

Attachments

• 17-57-17.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I went on Yuneec website and looked for some firmware downloads for the drone but can only find downloads for the H520 drone and the controller.
I doubt firmware is ever the cause of GPS acquisition problems. Please compare your versions with these as recorded and discussed by @DoomMeister:

It was the 3x/sec then off for 1 sec.
I would suggest taking the aircraft to an open area and letting it sit powered up for at least 15 minutes to allow for a full GPS almanac download from the satellites.

That should allow GPS Acquired and the solid purple in Angle mode. You should then be able to start the motors.

Reactions: Pier2162
I have connected the drone to the GUI software and watched the accelerometers, gyros and the compass. All 3 are jumping around like crazy. Is this normal?
Yes, normal. Those are very small differences and clearly inside measurement tolerances. Nothing crazy, nothing to worry about. Accelerometer is in good condition, z-axis near 1000mG. Very good. Many user have problems when Typhoon was stored a long time, Acc Z value falls below 800mG and cannot calibrated any more. In this case the drone remains in "Acquiring" state and motors do not start even when GPS was switches off. You are one of the lucky guys that have a good accelerometer.

br HE

I believe I have board problem. Still not working right. When I get the drone in the air it just wants to do whatever it wants to. I have a new GPS board. I am wondering if the ESC is built in to the main board? I will post the latest flight log for u guys to look at. If I can figure out how to save the file to an sd card.

Last edited:
I will post the latest flight log for u guys to look at. If I can figure out how to save the file to an sd card.
This will help you provide the flight logs:

Also please provide a screenshot of your Versions page with the drone and camera bound to the controller.

This document has more detail for performing a factory reset:

I believe I have board problem. Still not working right. When I get the drone in the air it just wants to do whatever it wants to. I have a new GPS board. I am wondering if the ESC is built in to the main board? I will post the latest flight log for u guys to look at. If I can figure out how to save the file to an sd card.

"I believe I have a board problem."
Such is the dilemma if there is not a second controller/drone to swap things around for quick problem elimination ("swaptronics"). Your statement "...just does whatever it wants to.." is typically related to controller pot conditions or other controller issues. However, you also mentioned "I have a new GPS board". You did not specify if the new board is actually installed or if it is just available if needed. If the new GPS is actually installed, one might suspect things like improper GPS module orientation, wiring issues or weak connections. All of which would be a drone issue.

" I am wondering if the ESC is built in to the main board?"
The Typhoon H ESCs are the six major component groups on the larger board in the drone shell. There is nothing wrong with them. Did you possibly mean the Flight control board? It is the smaller board riding piggyback on the Main (ESC) board. It also appears to be OK based on your video.

"I believe I have a board problem."
Such is the dilemma if there is not a second controller/drone to swap things around for quick problem elimination ("swaptronics"). Your statement "...just does whatever it wants to.." is typically related to controller pot conditions or other controller issues. However, you also mentioned "I have a new GPS board". You did not specify if the new board is actually installed or if it is just available if needed. If the new GPS is actually installed, one might suspect things like improper GPS module orientation, wiring issues or weak connections. All of which would be a drone issue.

" I am wondering if the ESC is built in to the main board?"
The Typhoon H ESCs are the six major component groups on the larger board in the drone shell. There is nothing wrong with them. Did you possibly mean the Flight control board? It is the smaller board riding piggyback on the Main (ESC) board. It also appears to be OK based on your video.
I bought a new GPS module, I have not put it in yet. I was trying different things before I took the drone apart to replace it.

I did mean the flight control board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy