Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MY NEW H PRO - FLAWLESS PERFORMANCE MAIDEN FLIGHT

Reaction score
I finally got her up and flying today. Spent over 3 hours just flying around my neighborhood and I'm so impressed. Knock on wood...No issues at all. Performs just like the promotional videos. I will try out Follow me mode when I shoot a buddy's car this weekend. Made this vid after editing an hour of footage. I got her going 62 MPH with a 9 MPH tailwind w/ GPS off! IMG_1910.JPG IMG_1903.JPG I edited in Final Cut Pro with a very fast and powerful Mac. Enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
Looks like you and the Typhoon H were made for each other. Very good filming, flying, editing, music selection, and production. Hats off to you. Just stay safe and enjoy doing what you're doing, because it works.

Just a tip - if you want the camera to automatically lock onto your buddy's car (assuming you have the ST16 or Wizard in the car), you'll want to use Watch Me mode instead of Follow mode. :)

I finally got her up and flying today. Spent over 3 hours just flying around my neighborhood and I'm so impressed. Knock on wood...No issues at all. Performs just like the promotional videos. I will try out Follow me mode when I shoot a buddy's car this weekend. Made this vid after editing an hour of footage. I got her going 62 MPH with a 9 MPH tailwind w/ GPS off! View attachment 4832 View attachment 4831 I edited in Final Cut Pro with a very fast and powerful Mac. Enjoy.

I was just about to post about your video in another thread.

That footage actually looks good, better than I've seen coming out of most H's.

I would say you need to mess with the settings a bit put an ND filter (especially in that bright sunlight) and probably a polarizer but that is workable footage.

Looks great though, keep it up!

Don't forget to get permission (especially if you're in LA) from whatever necessary tower. THEY ARE great about it and will give you an air of confidence to fly when you can tell a cop that you have clearance,

Learn the military code as one day when I called, she asked me for my registration number and for some reason was feeling "piloty" that day and said Alpha Delta 2 6 niner Xray Tango Paul Golf (and a couple of those were wrong) and she said "I'm gonna let you this time but next time you call I'm not gonna let you if you don't know the military alphabet for your own aircraft") and we had a laugh. I actually said "Paul" instead of "Papa". We had a laugh. My point is they are very cool and respectful to those who are not obvious pilots.

Just make sure you say you are flying under 400 and you will "call when you're down" and since I have been doing that I have only had one rejection in like 30 attempts. Once from SMO to fly at the pier which is unheard of.

Here is a video I put together about filters (specifically the Polar Pro Cinema Series Vivid Collection).

If you just want to see the results:

Keep it up brother! Love it!

Last edited:
You've got a great eye for good scenes and subjects. Keep it up.:):)
I agree. I am impressed with your first run on the H which I have been critical of for image quality. I think you did a bang up job and some filters would step it up more.

Reactions: m5zealot
You've got a great eye for good scenes and subjects. Keep it up.:):)
Thanks, I've been doing videography with "land" cameras for years but, new to aerial stuff.

Just a tip - if you want the camera to automatically lock onto your buddy's car (assuming you have the ST16 or Wizard in the car), you'll want to use Watch Me mode instead of Follow mode. :)
Thank you! I was always confused by this because so many people refer to the modes but get their functions wrong. :)

I was just about to post about your video in another thread.

That footage actually looks good, better than I've seen coming out of most H's.

I would say you need to mess with the settings a bit put an ND filter (especially in that bright sunlight) and probably a polarizer but that is workable footage.

Looks great though, keep it up!

Don't forget to get permission (especially if you're in LA) from whatever necessary tower. THEY ARE great about it and will give you an air of confidence to fly when you can tell a cop that you have clearance,

Learn the military code as one day when I called, she asked me for my registration number and for some reason was feeling "piloty" that day and said Alpha Delta 2 6 niner Xray Tango Paul Golf (and a couple of those were wrong) and she said "I'm gonna let you this time but next time you call I'm not gonna let you if you don't know the military alphabet for your own aircraft") and we had a laugh. I actually said "Paul" instead of "Papa". We had a laugh. My point is they are very cool and respectful to those who are not obvious pilots.

Just make sure you say you are flying under 400 and you will "call when you're down" and since I have been doing that I have only had one rejection in like 30 attempts. Once from SMO to fly at the pier which is unheard of.

Here is a video I put together about filters (specifically the Polar Pro Cinema Series Vivid Collection).

If you just want to see the results:

Keep it up brother! Love it!

Thank you! Yes, I have been learning a lot with my year old Q500 and trust me, I have given my share of stern advice on safety to many younger flyers in my circle. My golden rule is to never fly over anything you can't afford to pay for! I certainly don't wan to be the first pilot to be on CNN after a tragic accident.

Thanks for sharing your footage too! I know everyone agrees Phantoms have better optics especially the P4 Pro, but I love the H for my needs. Tweaking with the camera settings will get me the B roll footage I need for my videos in the future.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Thank you! Yes, I have been learning a lot with my year old Q500 and trust me, I have given my share of stern advice on safety to many younger flyers in my circle. My golden rule is to never fly over anything you can't afford to pay for! I certainly don't wan to be the first pilot to be on CNN after a tragic accident.

Thanks for sharing your footage too! I know everyone agrees Phantoms have better optics especially the P4 Pro, but I love the H for my needs. Tweaking with the camera settings will get me the B roll footage I need for my videos in the future.
I have both and I don't know everyone agrees it has better optics. Do they? I certainly do but I think they are both prosumer grade quality and with the right filter and settings, you can make anything look good.

As it stands, I think if you put an ND filer (of a stronger one if you had) that you would have good looking footage there. That looked good. Goal for aerial is to stay as close to 100 ISO and have a shutter speed generally twice your frame rate (i.e. 1/50th if you're shooting at 25fps). So get some nd filters since we have a locked iris and your footage will look silkier and smoother. It does look good though. I was impressed.

stupid question... I noticed there are 2x 2.4g antennae on your -16. Is that a newer model, or a H-Pro thing?

Reactions: Jussaguy
I have both and I don't know everyone agrees it has better optics. Do they? I certainly do but I think they are both prosumer grade quality and with the right filter and settings, you can make anything look good.

As it stands, I think if you put an ND filer (of a stronger one if you had) that you would have good looking footage there. That looked good. Goal for aerial is to stay as close to 100 ISO and have a shutter speed generally twice your frame rate (i.e. 1/50th if you're shooting at 25fps). So get some nd filters since we have a locked iris and your footage will look silkier and smoother. It does look good though. I was impressed.

Well on paper the P4 Pro does have a 1" CMOS Sony sensor w/ 20 megapixels. My Sony A6000 has the same sensor w/ 24 megapixels. I'm not a pixel counter but, that is certainly a lot more than the measly 12 mp of the CGO3+. However, my Sony A7S only has a 12 megapixel sensor but can see in almost complete darkness with zero noise. It's witchcraft!

stupid question... I noticed there are 2x 2.4g antennae on your -16. Is that a newer model, or a H-Pro thing?

Yes Yes! It's not a stupid question! I was pleasantly surprised to see mine already had them as a factory upgrade! As I said in another post, I was ready to buy aftermarket antennas for the H, prepared to drill the body and void my warranty! The marketing on the new Pro doesn't seem to mention this cool upgrade. I saw a video on Youtube before I bought mine with these antennas and assumed they were aftermarket.

Well on paper the P4 Pro does have a 1" CMOS Sony sensor w/ 20 megapixels. My Sony A6000 has the same sensor w/ 24 megapixels. I'm not a pixel counter but, that is certainly a lot more than the measly 12 mp of the CGO3+. However, my Sony A7S only has a 12 megapixel sensor but can see in almost complete darkness with zero noise. It's witchcraft!
Yeah, I don't like the Cgo if I'm being honest (certainly not unmodded), and the P4 vs P4P the 1" sensor certainly sounds like it should be better but I've been holding off on the P4P because of the I2 and don't see a need to upgrade my P4. But I have seen some videos that when people are really looking into the footage, it's banding, (sort of wavey motion that can't be explain in the center of the video). It doesn't scream at you but one you see it, it's all you see. I don't know if it's a batch, just a couple, or just someone with bad settings.

I mean there were like 20 vids on the Mavic when it first came out describing the gimbal as shaky and not as good as it's bigger brothers, and that was because they weren't bright enough to figure out that it had a gimbal look on it because the lock is not as obvious as the bigger birds. So I never totally trust what I see on YT until it's in my hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dvca441772