Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Need real time help

Reaction score
Flew yesterday and almost lost it on landing, props wouldnt throttle back on touchdown. Skipped across the ground nose first held kill switch and it finally stopped and broke 1 prop in a tipover.

New firmware for bird and ST 16, compass calibration and GPS warnings (tone and intermittent screen warning) but showed ok on display.

Testing now and I get constant audible tone on power up of Typhoon H, but all systems look good to go on display.

If i do accelerometer calibration and compass calibration it works and says ok, but seconds later goes back to constant audible tone. re did firmware update on both and still same issue. Green/Purple alternating led at rear of aircraft

Please help. Opened file with Y CS but need it late this week early next.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
One of the sticks is probably not zeroing. Go in System Settings, Hardware monitor, and check the J's for zeroing. May need cleaning. A number of threads here about that.

Sometimes when a TH rears up at landing for no good reason, one of the gimbal rubber dampers is loose, causing the gyro control (Accelerometer) to go bananas.

Reactions: photomike72
Not mentioned in the original post; was the throttle released after touch down or held down until the props stopped? If an H is brought straight down from altitude for a landing, throttle held down all the way for the entire descent, with no stop before touching the ground, if the throttle is released immediately after touch down the H will be going for a bouncing ground run almost every time

it never throttled down once it was on the ground but stayed at a level of power that kept rising 4-6 inches or so then down and then bounce. Did this 4-5 times with throttle firmly pressed in the full down position before tip over.

I came straight down and in but stopped about 2-3 feet above ground for 1-2 secs then set for final, also straight down then the skids - hop hop hop hop tip, fighting it to stay down the whole way. This happened to me earlier this year and it was sent in and something with the landing gear and another internal fan was replaced. Opened a new ticket with CS today and hopefully the'll tell me they can get it checked out and back to me fast. Don't have the flight logs as when I re-flashed it I wiped the card per directions.

The flight logs are stored in the ST16, not on an sd card. They can be found in the folder called Flightlogs.

Dropbox - yuneec ST16 02017.JPG
yuneec%20ST16%2002017.JPG

no flight log folder.... :/ ?

That appears to be the sd card. Let the ST16 boot up and then plug it into your computer using the USB charging cable. It will appear as a new drive on your computer.

That appears to be the sd card. Let the ST16 boot up and then plug it into your computer using the USB charging cable. It will appear as a new drive on your computer.
Sorry been a long few days.......

Attachments

• problem.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Also, check the hardware monitor of the ST16 without the drone being connected and make sure both sticks zero without bouncing around and have full deflection (100%) in both directions. Both sticks in the hardware monitor should immediately return to zero and not bounce around when they return to center. In your case I would pay particular attention to the left stick and make sure down is -100%.

It looks like your GPS went from True to False back to True. Also noted you had -2.44 altitude and +1.88 altitude when GPS in False mode?

A few meters of altitude differential is really nothing to be concerned about in one of these systems. Since the pressure altimeter is never referenced against sea level pressure the depiction is at best an approximation based on local temperature and pressure changes.

Also, check the hardware monitor of the ST16 without the drone being connected and make sure both sticks zero without bouncing around and have full deflection (100%) in both directions. Both sticks in the hardware monitor should immediately return to zero and not bounce around when they return to center. In your case I would pay particular attention to the left stick and make sure down is -100%.
they do not do this and calibration has not yielded success.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder