Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Never Seen This Screen On My ST16 Has Anyone Else?

Reaction score
dd4b7846c92f07085a07469df6fb80bf.jpg

Hey everyone so as I browse to get quality images of Yuneec Logo's, Typhoon H Logo's Etc. (Being that Yuneec Is the first company with a website that I've seen that Does Not have any kind of graphic Bin directly on their website where you can go to, to be able to find all the various lettering & wording plus clipart that appears on their site. I called them today to ask if they did have any kind of repository or not that contained any of their logos etc. thinking that if I were able to get any direct from the manufacturer they would most likely be the best quality found online yet they don't which is why I have to revert to using google images which I find really dumb on Yuneec's part because you'd think if you were them that you'd want to allow as many people as possible to download & use your logo after all the last time I checked that is what most refer to as FREE advertising but whatever. Anyway I found a picture of an ST24 showing it while it's screen was on, But the image that it shows that's on the screen is an image that I've never seen on any real life Yuneec Transmitters. I realize that it is an ST24 & not an ST16 but I'm just curious to know if any H920 owners out there really do have this screen mode or image available to them & if so Is it at all possible to get this same screen mode/image on our ST16's? Also If you look at this image you'll notice that the left-hand gimbal stick is in a downward to the left position & holding their stationary without springing back into the center & this is not the only image that I've seen where it had the left-hand side gimbal stick in a different position other than in the direct center & without springing back into the middle. Coming from flying RC helicopters with a Spectrum TX the left stick did not ever have a spring in it, but what that was for is to move the throttle up & down & be able to not have to constantly try to hold your throttle in one perfect spot at all time but the reason our H's ST16's have the self-centering springs in them is because the H just goes into an auto hover mode when you let go of the sticks, so after taking all of that into account is this picture basically saying that the H920 does not have an auto hover ability? because I've always thought it did? While talking about our ST16's in another thread someone mentioned (actually a professional air force pilot) that the reason our H's are incapable of mapping of any kind is because they lack the ability of being able to know what heading it is on, yet as I've been using the Feersum Flight Center app it has proven that the H is fully capable of providing a heading its just that Yuneec hasn't yet added anywhere for it to be displayed.

Idk Basically my questions are:
the screen that's is being displayed on the ST24 in this photo, is it correct as in are those that have an ST24 able to view a screen that looks like this or similar & if so is it at all possible for all of us that own ST16's to somehow be able to have that same or similar screen view?

Is it true that the ST24's left-hand gimbal stick does not have a self centering spring? & if so why doesn't it?

Does the H920 Not have an auto hover ability so one would have to constantly pay attention to the throttle?

I've not used the ST-24/H920, though I've taken a look at them at some of the shows. It's an impressive bit of kit, but I think internally it's completely different to the Typhoon - it was developed before Yuneec got involved with Intel and runs totally different software. I very much doubt you could ever get it to run on the ST-16.

The person who claimed that the H is incapable of mapping is talking nonsense - of course it is. The H always knows its bearing, otherwise things like Smart Mode wouldn't work. In fact it does (sort of) display its heading - the green arrow in the centre of the screen shows the angle of the H relative to the ST-16. That's probably more helpful than knowing it's facing a particular angle.

Reactions: Tom C
I've not used the ST-24/H920, though I've taken a look at them at some of the shows. It's an impressive bit of kit, but I think internally it's completely different to the Typhoon - it was developed before Yuneec got involved with Intel and runs totally different software. I very much doubt you could ever get it to run on the ST-16.

The person who claimed that the H is incapable of mapping is talking nonsense - of course it is. The H always knows its bearing, otherwise things like Smart Mode wouldn't work. In fact it does (sort of) display its heading - the green arrow in the centre of the screen shows the angle of the H relative to the ST-16. That's probably more helpful than knowing it's facing a particular angle.

Yes that's what I was thinking is that it does work on a completely different platform as the H because of lack of Intel involvement, But does that account for why the ST24 is able to have its Left gimbal stick stay in a stationary position & not spring back to center?

Yes the Green arrow in a way does tell us the heading of H, but also doesn't it display what direction the H is facing right up in the right-hand corner of our ST16's (sorry I'm not currently looking at my ST16 but I'll check for confirmation tomorrow.) Also "TUNA" I believe I've asked you this before but aren't you the brains behind the Feersum Flight Center App? If so just curious but how hard or how much work would it take to have your app include a mapping ability for the H or even have the ability to fly around building in certain order & automatically take pictures of it that either are preset into the app or preset by the user so we'd have the same or similar abilities to reproduce building & the like into 3D images (by no means do I think that any of the work put into the app is in anyway easy or fast I'm just curious how you'd see it as having the ability to code & develop such apps) because if you asked me or anyone like me that does not know how to code or developed such apps we'd only be able to say its easy or its hard or it'll take a long time or whatever with no definition of time whatsoever & Im not asking you to put any kind of exact time table on it but just anything I can reasonably relate to time or effort needed to do such things) ie would that take the same amount of work or even more than what you've put into the app thus far or much less or much more? Idk exactly what demand there is out there for those kind of abilities in the app but I do know that I for one would be willing to donate towards your efforts of further development of the app whether it included those features or not especially because as of current your app is the only one of it kind & for the most part the only app made to be compatible with the H. If you've already thought of any additions you might be thinking of adding on to the app in the future what have you thought of or also have you had any else mention any other kind of additions to the app that are plausible & not completely out of this world that you may think about considering?

Thanks so much for all of your efforts thus far put into the app as I do enjoy using it to review my recordings with the side by side view but I've not yet played around with the mission part of it yet nor have i even tried out the stock CCC missions that came on the ST16's.
Tom C

Such a glass cockpit would be cool for the ST16 / Typhoon. Obviously they have the software already and only need to adapt it for the ST16.

Yes, Flight Center is my app.

So far I've been concentrating on 'ground based' tools - that is, tools that you use when you're not flying. So Flight Center allows you to review your flights, download telemetry and create Cable Cam routes with maps. The aim is to cover everything you would want to do before and after actually flying. Though I could write flight controls, it would need a team to test and make sure everything was safe in all conditions. The issue here is that Yuneec change the firmware fairly regularly, so if they changed something I didn't know about, a flight control app could cause crashes, fly aways and other problems. There are a lot of things I would like to add, but without direct support from Yuneec's software team, they will have to wait.

At present, you should be able to use the Mission Editor to plan a flight, and with the timelapse camera mode you should have enough information to produce 3D images. The limitation here is that the Cable Cam files that the Mission Editor creates cannot directly control the camera. This is a firmware limitation and means that cable cam routes cannot tell the Typhoon to "fly to this point here and take a photo". So the best you can do is fly a route whilst constantly taking pictures. As I understand it though, that should be good enough for most 3D software.

Flight Center is going to come out of Beta shortly (you heard it here first!), so you can keep using it without 'software expired' messages. There are a lot more features I want to add, in a lot of different areas, but it's a full time job to develop software like this. For that reason, it will be possible to pay to keep using Flight Center. Here's the important bit: if enough people pay, I can keep adding serious features and cool toys. If it turns out that only a few people want to support third party tools I will have to stop development and work on other, paying software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval