Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New here looking for advice!!!

Reaction score
Hey folks!!

I have the little Breeze drone for couple months and I'm so impressed about the quality of the drone. Because that I'm thinking about to get the Typhoon also to do some real state aerial photos here in South Florida. What you guys think? DJI or Yuneec? Also the price for the Typhoon is so much cheaper, shows around $499 reb on newegg.

Thank you guys!

I don't do any commercial work or real estate photos but others who frequent here do. I assume you have or will be getting a Part 107 license to do that work.

$499 is a hard price to beat. The Typhoon is a good aircraft if you make the time to learn how to get the most out of it.

I don't have a breeze so I can't give you any specific differences between that and a Typhoon H other than to say it is a totally different type of system. Also, there is so much discussion about DJI vs Yuneec that I won't get into that either - you can search and find a lot about the reason a lot of us that are now flying Yuneec (I used to fly and still have an older Phantom). Rather I would just point out that the Typhoon H has had nearly all the bugs ironed out over it's 2 plus year existence and is a solid aircraft. While some have problems with the aircraft; most of those problems are operator induced from not be as familiar with the H as they should be. The Typhoon has a good 12 MP camera and can shoot DNGs, so if that suits your photography requirements you'll be good there. From an economical point of view the Typhoon is a great value as you pointed out. I would argue that the form factor of the controller, coupled with the retractable gear, 360 degree rotating camera, and one of the best 3 axis gimbals on a consumer level drone; make the Typhoon H a superb entry level video machine as well.

If there are any minuses it might be that CS is not as good as it was years ago, but if you take your time, learn the aircraft and stay within your limits, you may never need customer support. The Typhoon manual is very basic but this forum and the wealth of knowledge that exists here, more than makes up for a crappy manual. Also the Typhoon is not very forgiving of operators that don't take the time to fully understand all of the different modes and controls and limitations of operations. For instance, the Typhoon actual flight time is more like about 14 - 17 minutes or so depending on conditions and this is no where to be found in the manual or on any Yuneec literature but it is in this forum. Also; admittedly, DJI's upcoming Phantom can fly across the continent or 2,504 nautical miles or some such thing - the H can only fly a tiny fraction of that but still; it will be well beyond VLOS so, if you need or want to fly illegally - DJI wins hands down in that category;)

So I would say - great value, good camera platform, dedicated controller and screen, solid performer and; an awesome forum to boot. Go for it. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcius1979
Hey folks!!

I have the little Breeze drone for couple months and I'm so impressed about the quality of the drone. Because that I'm thinking about to get the Typhoon also to do some real state aerial photos here in South Florida. What you guys think? DJI or Yuneec? Also the price for the Typhoon is so much cheaper, shows around $499 reb on newegg.

Thank you guys!
DJI or Yuneec. Well, ultimately it's your choice. But that choice should depend on what you are looking to get out of your purchase. If you are looking to have an aircraft that will look like a serious machine to your clients then a hexecopter controlled by a RC unit that has an integrated screen will do that...and either the H480 and H520 will fit that bill. If you are looking for a little more portability then Phantom 4 or Mavic is where to look, but the downside of those is that they don't have integrated screens in their controllers.

I have both a Phantom and a Typhoon. I use my TH on most of my commercial jobs but not every job. Sometimes the Phantom is a better choice depending on the job...but not often.

Get the tool to fit the job.

I don't do any commercial work or real estate photos but others who frequent here do. I assume you have or will be getting a Part 107 license to do that work.

$499 is a hard price to beat. The Typhoon is a good aircraft if you make the time to learn how to get the most out of it.

Yes. I need to do get the FAA license to operate the drone. But before I use the drone for any type of job. I will learn how to fly the best way possible, my needs are very simple, just take pics or short videos in 4k from real state. So the looks and the price make the H the best choice for me so far.

Thanks !!!

I don't have a breeze so I can't give you any specific differences between that and a Typhoon H other than to say it is a totally different type of system. Also, there is so much discussion about DJI vs Yuneec that I won't get into that either - you can search and find a lot about the reason a lot of us that are now flying Yuneec (I used to fly and still have an older Phantom). Rather I would just point out that the Typhoon H has had nearly all the bugs ironed out over it's 2 plus year existence and is a solid aircraft. While some have problems with the aircraft; most of those problems are operator induced from not be as familiar with the H as they should be. The Typhoon has a good 12 MP camera and can shoot DNGs, so if that suits your photography requirements you'll be good there. From an economical point of view the Typhoon is a great value as you pointed out. I would argue that the form factor of the controller, coupled with the retractable gear, 360 degree rotating camera, and one of the best 3 axis gimbals on a consumer level drone; make the Typhoon H a superb entry level video machine as well.

If there are any minuses it might be that CS is not as good as it was years ago, but if you take your time, learn the aircraft and stay within your limits, you may never need customer support. The Typhoon manual is very basic but this forum and the wealth of knowledge that exists here, more than makes up for a crappy manual. Also the Typhoon is not very forgiving of operators that don't take the time to fully understand all of the different modes and controls and limitations of operations. For instance, the Typhoon actual flight time is more like about 14 - 17 minutes or so depending on conditions and this is no where to be found in the manual or on any Yuneec literature but it is in this forum. Also; admittedly, DJI's upcoming Phantom can fly across the continent or 2,504 nautical miles or some such thing - the H can only fly a tiny fraction of that but still; it will be well beyond VLOS so, if you need or want to fly illegally - DJI wins hands down in that category;)

So I would say - great value, good camera platform, dedicated controller and screen, solid performer and; an awesome forum to boot. Go for it. :cool:

Wow thank for so much good information. That's right. I don't need something going in long distance, the fly time is not a issue. I can carry couple batteries, for my little breeze I have 4 batteries. I really like the looks of the H and looks so professional for such a low cost. My big thing about the drones are the cameras, my little breeze is just a cute little drone with a good camera, no great but good. The youtube videos of the H shows a really good quality.

Thanks !!!

DJI or Yuneec. Well, ultimately it's your choice. But that choice should depend on what you are looking to get out of your purchase. If you are looking to have an aircraft that will look like a serious machine to your clients then a hexecopter controlled by a RC unit that has an integrated screen will do that...and either the H480 and H520 will fit that bill. If you are looking for a little more portability then Phantom 4 or Mavic is where to look, but the downside of those is that they don't have integrated screens in their controllers.

I have both a Phantom and a Typhoon. I use my TH on most of my commercial jobs but not every job. Sometimes the Phantom is a better choice depending on the job...but not often.

Get the tool to fit the job.

Thank you for your message. You are right about the looks, that's the first thing I liked it. But when you get price+quality+looks at the same device = no other choice :D . I never heard nothing about Yuneec before always just DJI's, so far I'm very happy with the quality of my little breeze. I just need something to flight aroubd 40-70 feet height and 40 to 200 feet from me with a great camera for short videos in 4k and great pics.

Thanks!!!

Which Drone?

I'm on another drone pilot forum. it's mostly for the part 107 pilots but anyone is welcome.
This is a link to a conversation I had with someone deciding on DJI or YUNEEC. I hope this helps a little. or a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare