Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New lens from Yuneec for CGO3+

It would be nice if Yuneec made a announcement to the fact they have change lens's and the serial numbers start from here. Of course we all know Yuneec does not offer such information or do they offer any information as we have to figure out most of the stuff ourselves.

Methinks if you call Yuneec and tell them your camera quality is subpar, the will RMA your camera if you are under warranty. Poof. New model!

Methinks if you call Yuneec and tell them your camera quality is subpar, the will RMA your camera if you are under warranty. Poof. New model!
Ah but nobody knows for sure if you are getting the new model. Serial numbers for the new ones would solve the question if you are getting the new and improved lens. Still to be tested and proven

I am expecting replacement camera from Yuneec 'this week' . I hope it will come from the new stock.

Is there any way of identifying old and new versions of Typhoon H when buying it?
What I mean is that I did not buy right away knowing that bugs would need to be fixed.
I expected later versions would be improved, hardware and software wise and so would be the camera.
If this is true there has been an hardware fix for the camera, how can I be sure the Typhoon I am getting has an improved version?

JUST LOOK AT YUNEEC'S GERMAN WEBSITE, AND YOU WILL READ "glass" LENS.....NOT SO IN THE US...
hope this helps yuneec us do something

It is not stated on the uk site either if it's glass or plastic but it does says it's a 115 degree lense like the German site does,so it's anyone's guess which one we have in the uk

JUST LOOK AT YUNEEC'S GERMAN WEBSITE, AND YOU WILL READ "glass" LENS.....NOT SO IN THE US...

It does actually say its glass on the u.s website as I've just had a look but it's a 98 degree lens as Apposed to the 115 degree advertised in Europe,seems the uk site is the only one where there is no mention of a glass lense.

Another DJI guy trying to discredit the H.

Attachments

• GLASS LENS.jpg
    GLASS LENS.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 43
Has anyone in the US called support to confirm availability of a glass lens replacement and does anyone know if this will resolve some of the focus issues we have experienced?

Has anyone in the US called support to confirm availability of a glass lens replacement and does anyone know if this will resolve some of the focus issues we have experienced?
The existing lens is glass. Why don't you call and let us know?

Yet when they advertised that it was a 100Mbps camera Yuneec was doing what? I'm going to have a hard time believing Yuneec now considering their previous shenanigans
A DJI guy talking about shenanigans. That's funny, I don't care who you are. Did you really buy the Typhoon H based on an early spec? Surely you could have returned it.

Is there any way of identifying old and new versions of Typhoon H when buying it?
What I mean is that I did not buy right away knowing that bugs would need to be fixed.
I expected later versions would be improved, hardware and software wise and so would be the camera.
If this is true there has been an hardware fix for the camera, how can I be sure the Typhoon I am getting has an improved version?
Odd thing is that my very first camera had the best picture, if not for the occasional lines and dots that would appear in bright light. When I compare video from the first camera to later ones it's almost as if there was less distortion around the edges and the sharpness was uniform across the entire lens. Newer lenses seem to have a bit more distortion on the outer edges (i.e. straight vertical lines will curve inwards) and the sharpening is not 100% uniform across the entire lens.

this sounds too good to be true!!! after several returns, i decided to keep the last one. maybe that will nix me from being able to take advantage of said swap. are they guaranteeing that the glass lens is actually better?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy