Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New Typhoon Pilot - bought mine at the Drone Show.

Reaction score
Got my new Typhoon H Pro at the NEC yesterday. All firmware updated and ready to fly this morning... Great day for it. DJI had 20 Mavics at the show. Sold them all in double quick time. Show was smaller than i thought it would be but some great demos to see and you can get up close and personal with some cool tech. Drone racing was interesting - not that I'll be doing that at all.
Anyone want to buy DJI 3 Advanced in perfect nick. Surplus to requirement now I have A Typhoon... [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club!:)
Not so much interested in DJI; any news from Yuneec?

Glad you have joined us. We have a really good, smart, bunch of guys and gals here. I am sure little things will come up for you so please use this forum. The H is super stable, and for the most part Yuneec has been good on customer service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flymofo
Hey, I just signed up too! I was at the show and enjoyed it. Yes it was small but a reasonable turn out. Not sure why they have the buggy track in the main hall. They could have had people flying small quads and demo FPV on to a large monitor.

I wasn't in a market for a large quad like the Typhoon until I saw it! I am going to sell off a bunch of fixed wing kit and some small racing quads to fund it. Now to see if the real sense is worth the extra!

I was a bit gutted, came across a Typhoon Q500 HD which was on sale at £450 but was reduced to £410 Sunday afternoon. Went off to google it and when I went back to buy it someone else was paying for it! :(

I'll just go for a Typhoon H variant...and then pick up a cheap PfAW rating as I hold a PPL and can skip the 2 day theory!

Reactions: Flymofo and Flymac
Hey, I just signed up too! I was at the show and enjoyed it. Yes it was small but a reasonable turn out. Not sure why they have the buggy track in the main hall. They could have had people flying small quads and demo FPV on to a large monitor.

I wasn't in a market for a large quad like the Typhoon until I saw it! I am going to sell off a bunch of fixed wing kit and some small racing quads to fund it. Now to see if the real sense is worth the extra!

I was a bit gutted, came across a Typhoon Q500 HD which was on sale at £450 but was reduced to £410 Sunday afternoon. Went off to google it and when I went back to buy it someone else was paying for it! :(

I'll just go for a Typhoon H variant...and then pick up a cheap PfAW rating as I hold a PPL and can skip the 2 day theory!

Welcome to the forum. The Q500 is a nice craft, but I think you would be much happier with the H, if you really want a quad perhaps an Autel X-star premium? I have one of those also, great machine!

For the H the modification would be an actual lens change, not the camera. A Peau lens has a longer focal length, but still fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rick at Marionville models indicated he might offer a service to change the lens to a pixAero wnen I asked a few weeks ago. I'm not so interested now as it would likely affect the panorama feature. An additional complete camera seems the best option, but that's a lot of dosh!
He does some good videos, e.g.

Carolina Dronz has the PixAero 3.77mm 2.8 lens in stock. They will also install them.

Hello Flymofo. I was presenting on the speaker zone and thought it was a good show for Yuneec. Lots of interest in the CGO ET and the new controller and fpv glasses for the breeze. Welcome to the Yuneec club. Yuneec53 news coming soon ;)

Carolina Dronz has the PixAero 3.77mm 2.8 lens in stock. They will also install them.

I checked their site but couldn't find the PixAero. I only found the Peau 3.79mm and its out of stock.

Hi All
I went to the show too. Had a Mavic on order. Wife looked at it and the 'H'. Told me to buy the Yuneec and cancel the order, so I did! All updated and charged but got to work all week...arrrgghhh.

Hi All
I went to the show too. Had a Mavic on order. Wife looked at it and the 'H'. Told me to buy the Yuneec and cancel the order, so I did! All updated and charged but got to work all week...arrrgghhh.

The Mavic is a tidy bit of kit, quite often I think the pure portability of it is huge advantage but I too chose the H as I feel it's likely to have more and more upgrades in the future.

Anyway, welcome to the family!

I went on the Sunday and had been fancying the H for a fair while before, seen the demo of it and was sold on it. Seen it on Hobby mounts stall where they had half a dozen left, said I would come back and when I did I had the last one so they sold well on the Sunday and I was a lucky lad.

Still need to update all the firmwares and stuff before I fly but hoping to sort it all for the weekend.

Did talk to the Yuneec guys and the biggest news is a new hex to fit in the range between the H480 and the H920.....Price pointed just above the H480 pro and upto the basic H920

I wonder what they'll call it. Let's see, Typhoon, Tornado.... I know - Gale-Force! (I think Hurricane is already taken) :)

I went on the Sunday and had been fancying the H for a fair while before, seen the demo of it and was sold on it. Seen it on Hobby mounts stall where they had half a dozen left, said I would come back and when I did I had the last one so they sold well on the Sunday and I was a lucky lad.

Still need to update all the firmwares and stuff before I fly but hoping to sort it all for the weekend.

Did talk to the Yuneec guys and the biggest news is a new hex to fit in the range between the H480 and the H920.....Price pointed just above the H480 pro and upto the basic H920
What is the H 480?

Sorry seen the Typhoon H referred to as the H480 somewhere, to be honest been reading so much stuff this last week or so about it, the info seems to blur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me