Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Newly Acquired Breeze 4k Worth Keeping in Late 2023?

Reaction score
Asking for feedback on what you would do in the situation. I received a Breeze 4K drone from a friend as part of the white elephant gift exchange thing. It appears to be manufactured in 2018. However, I'm currently running an iPhone 15 Pro and the Breeze app is nowhere to be found on the App Store. I do not own any android devices. Is this product even worth trying to sell or exchange? I could use it as a piece of art but that seems like a bit of a waste. Open to your input and here's a picture just for context. I have not been able to turn the device on even though the battery has been in the charger for several hours. Came sealed in the original box and sat in his garage for a few years. I'm also a bit of a minimalist and trying to get rid of clutter in my one bedroom apartment. Thank you for your input.
-realmac in DFW breeze4kdrone.jpg

Last edited:
The Breeze Cam app should return to the App Store soon. This has become an annual event about this time of year where Apple drops the app from the store then allows it back in in a few weeks.

After sitting in the garage that long the batteries could very well be toast. Try using this post to determine what voltage the individual cells are Battery blinking blue light.

Value of these aircraft even if working properly are basically nil.

The Breeze Cam app should return to the App Store soon. This has become an annual event about this time of year where Apple drops the app from the store then allows it back in in a few weeks.

After sitting in the garage that long the batteries could very well be toast. Try using this post to determine what voltage the individual cells are Battery blinking blue light.

Thanks for your response. I saw a super cheap battery on aliexpress. I'm kind of wondering if the drone is able to be used with just the remote and not the app. With a month away from 2024 I'm having my doubts that the app will come back with stricter requirements on the Apple App store and new technologies coming out every year. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

It actually is the other way. You can fly with just the phone and app, but not just the controller.

The controller pairs with the app via Bluetooth and lessens the load on the phone’s CPU by not having to constantly read the touchscreen for position of virtual sticks.

The app has been through this annual disappearance/reappearance on the App Store every year since 2018.

Reactions: realmac
I think this drone is pretty decent. I have 3. Somewhere in this forum you can find links to app and firmware updates no matter what those stupid stores do. There is a real one and a real one that's modified. Enjoy!

I think this drone is pretty decent. I have 3. Somewhere in this forum you can find links to app and firmware updates no matter what those stupid stores do. There is a real one and a real one that's modified. Enjoy!
That is true for Android, but not for iOS which is what the OP was asking about. iOS needs the app on the App Store unless they have a backup on their computer in the iTunes app.

I know this is off topic, but I got the app from Chrome like it said to do and I can connect to my breeze 4ks WiFi but the problem is when I go on the app I can't figure out how to connect! Can you please help me?

I know this is off topic, but I got the app from Chrome like it said to do and I can connect to my breeze 4ks WiFi but the problem is when I go on the app I can't figure out how to connect! Can you please help me?
What system are you running the Breeze Cam app on?

What directions instructed you to use Chrome to download the Breeze Cam app?

Once you answer I can try to help you use the app.

So far waiting 3 weeks, maybe they'll make it available in January. Still kind of skeptical. 🤷‍♂️

So far waiting 3 weeks, maybe they'll make it available in January. Still kind of skeptical. 🤷‍♂️
It has typically returned to the App Store by the last week of December.

@Enrico Jorysch have you received any information about the return of Yuneec apps to the App Store?

Has anyone had success yet? I'm on google and trying to find the app in the playstore and can't.

Is there any other downloadable version? This doesn't seem to be compatible with Pixel 7

That is the latest version of the app for Android and it is 6 years old. You may find older versions on an APK repository, but they are even less likely to work on a Pixel 7. The app was likely designed to run on Android 4 Lollipop and may have issues with newer hardware and OS.

IMG_1985.png

What issue are you having that makes it not compatible?

Reactions: Steve Carr
When I download the app and click install, I get this error message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122-091935.png
    Screenshot_20240122-091935.png
    105.3 KB · Views: 5
I suspect it won't run on your phones firmware. I think most people who still fly the breeze use an old Android phone that isn't used for cell service any longer. But the wifi will work and it should run the apk.

Reactions: DoomMeister
So how do they fly when they are aware from their homes? I can't believe I bought this POS. I never thought to look up "does this drone have a working phone app".

So how do they fly when they are aware from their homes? I can't believe I bought this POS. I never thought to look up "does this drone have a working phone app".
The phone app works on equipment the app was designed for. This system was released in 2015 and last updated in 2017. Changes in the code for Android has broken the app, and if you use equipment that runs on Lollipop, Marshmallow, or Nougat it will most likely work. You need to raise the issue with Google to retain backward compatibility in Android OS. The iOS version was broken in iOS 14 and 15, but now works since iOS 16 without any changes to the app.

BTW the most popular brand of drones on the planet also gets these type of complaints with their legacy equipment. Do a search in PhantomPilots or MavicPilots forums on compatibility issues especially for those using Android based devices.

Reactions: Pier2162
Yea but I assume the most popular brand of drones also does effort to update with google and iOs as they update. It's lack of effort here if the last update was done 6 years ago. They shouldn't be on the shevles and it's disappointing I bought this and wasted money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook