Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

No photos

Reaction score
Very interesting. Yesterday I had a short flytime(Q500) because of too strong Wind. I took some Photos and no Video. Photos I shooted about 10-15. Returned home, I discovered, that on my SD Card was only 1 photo. Reason? Strong Wind? On Ground Station was everything OK.

You have to wait between pictures until the camera finished recording each one. Try it again and wait longer between snapshots.

Be sure, Im not try bursting. Every time I heard, capturing sound and received confirmation, that Picture is saved. But anyway was card emty. Just 1 Photo.
I tried take Snapshots Home. Then all worked ok. Anyway I have the same experience, with Chroma Blade. Perfect Videos I get, but no one Photos. Weird.

Be sure, Im not try bursting. Every time I heard, capturing sound and received confirmation, that Picture is saved. But anyway was card emty. Just 1 Photo.
I tried take Snapshots Home. Then all worked ok. Anyway I have the same experience, with Chroma Blade. Perfect Videos I get, but no one Photos. Weird.
Yes indeed. That is weird. I always shoot video in 4K and then grab a frame with the software when I need a picture. Have you tried a different sd card?

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Hit the button heard the capture sound but then it said picture not taken. I think it had something to do with how far I was. When i brought it closer it worked great.

I was flying my Q500 4K today and got some great video just using 1080@60 fps, but it would not take snap shots. I remmebered it want take shots from video at 1080/60fps so I landed and checked everything and reset camera to 4k and then it failed to record video and still shots, kept saying video failed to capture, photo failed to capture. Ive never had it do it, was not high or far away either. So i just flew and came home and video I did get was great. I have never had it do that. It wasn't card problems either, but have been told to turn off Q500, remove battery, shut down ST10+ and reboot, should cure my problem, but by this time all batteries were dead so will charge and try tomorrow. If it fails again not sure what the fix is but call Yuneec, they have always been good on phone questions. Anyone have or had this issue? Any suggestions or help appreciated!

Format your sd card and try again....
Batteries to low to even turn the drone on ??... Not good.
I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it soon.
:)
Good luck,
Jafo

Hi Jafo,
I'm sorry, I didn't mean batteries were totally dead, just at first warning level, I always land before the ST10+ shakes the first time or immediately after. To me thats dead so I don't over exert the batteries. I see no way to format card, is there a way on controller?
I have a iMac and I don't see how to format on it.
Thanks!

Format the SD card in the Camera.....
Take it out and load it to your Mac.
I don't know Mac so your kinda on your own from there but there is a way to do it.

My controller has latest update but not that feature. Mine is a ST10+.
I did notice while still trying to get it to yake photo or video , that the led on the camera is blinking green constantly, but yet i have video on my screen and the gimbal works.
Oops...sorry. My bad. I should have read your post more carefully.
This is usually a problem with the sd card. For 4k video you need a U3 card. That is a card that has a 3 inside the U. And the card should be formatted as FAT32. Also check to make sure the right camera is selected in the setup. It should be CGO3 or CGO3 pro. And remember to stop the video before you take a picture.

Reactions: Mikef53
I have the proper card, I have used it many times and even the day the camera wouldn't start back up it took two 5 minute videos, I had stopped recording and moved to a different location and let my son in law fly some and when he pressed record button it said unable to start capture snapshot. we tried to change to photo mode and back to video mode and was never able to restart camera. Today I started up everything and it just flashes green on the camera, but got good view on screen. I tried again to take a snapshot and it says unable to capture and now says unable to connect to camera, but yet have good picture on screen. Guess I need to call YUNEEC. This one is frustrating. Never had any issue with this drone until now, love it but hate camera want connect.

I have the proper card, I have used it many times and even the day the camera wouldn't start back up it took two 5 minute videos, I had stopped recording and moved to a different location and let my son in law fly some and when he pressed record button it said unable to start capture snapshot. we tried to change to photo mode and back to video mode and was never able to restart camera. Today I started up everything and it just flashes green on the camera, but got good view on screen. I tried again to take a snapshot and it says unable to capture and now says unable to connect to camera, but yet have good picture on screen. Guess I need to call YUNEEC. This one is frustrating. Never had any issue with this drone until now, love it but hate camera want connect.
I always keep several cards on hand in case one goes bad. And they do go bad.
But.......unplug the camera and then plug it back in. Make sure the wires and connectors look good. Use a quick tap on the start button or snapshot button. It doesn't like a long tap. If it still isn't working then try rebinding everything. The Q500 first and then the camera.

I always keep several cards on hand in case one goes bad. And they do go bad.
But.......unplug the camera and then plug it back in. Make sure the wires and connectors look good. Use a quick tap on the start button or snapshot button. It doesn't like a long tap. If it still isn't working then try rebinding everything. The Q500 first and then the camera.
Thank you Ill read about binding the camera and quad and give it a try. I appreciate your time and input to my problem!

Yuneec returned my call and had me rebind the camera and it worked with the card that came with the quad. I then tried the other card and it happened again, so I put old card back in quad and it worked. I then reformatted the micro card and now it works too. Not sure why it lost its formatt, but I'll be ordering some new micro sd cards and switch them out. Never hurts to have extra cards anyway. Also for anyone using a Mac computer to reformat go to disk utility and select your card and click ersae and it asks you which format to put back and I selected Fat32. Made it work fine in all camera settings from 4k to 1080.
Thanks for all the help, great group on this forum!

Good to know and glad you got to the bottom if it.
It sounds like a simple card reformatting was your issue.
Thank goodness it wasn't a wait for a new camera. :)
Happy flying,
Jafo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal