Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Not allowed to fly

The previous discourse well illustrates my decision to abandon the AMA in 2017. The AMA is not “there” for aerial modelers, the AMA is “there” for the sole purpose of generating revenue to maintain the AMA. They provide optics of representing model aviation but dedicated representation is just an illusion. Everything they have been doing for the past 5 years has been dedicated to assuring the continuance of the AMA, not dedicated to the protection of aero modeling as a whole.

No argument there. AMA views themselves as a big picture organization. They leave local issues to the local. In many senses a true "states rights" kind of organization. I only ever witnessed 2 times that AMA got involved with club issues. And both were very reluctantly.

You want a real hoot (in a sad distressing kind of way) look at the latest drivel from AMA:

Saddest part of this meeting is that the loons from FliteTest were given a seat at the table. How about people from IMAC, NSRCA, soaring? Those are the ones with the most to lose with the new rules. But nope, FLitTest was there instead.

I am in UK, I am a member of BMFA.But club rules state that I should have a 'A' certificate member with me when I fly.
So I need to get a 'A; certificated member to join me at the site when I want to practice.

I have not flown helicopters for a few years, so need a lot of practice.

As for drones, there seems to be different levels of certification, with GPS with out GPS with obstacle avoidance and without.

Main thing I want is to fly my helicopter, But I am not allowed.

Using simulators. for a heli. very easy, Not like the real thing. No where near the real thing so basically useless.
Using a simulator for the Typhoon Again not that real.

Drones are very stable so.

I have flown miy typhoon in my living room and dinning room.
Also in my yard.

No Problem.

It is a club rule, I have asked to it be looked into, Wait and se

Not really all that much to learning to fly a GPS assisted multirotor. The hardest part is maintaining orientation and using the correct input to send it where you want it to go. Some judgement is needed relative to how close they should get to things. Beyond those they fly themselves.

Obstacle avoidance is total drivel IMO. If you aren’t close enough to see how close your aircraft is to other things you have judgement issues that extend beyond what OA will help you with. Yes, I have bumped a couple things in the past, and both times had I been closer to the object I would not have bumped them.

Non GPS assisted models are easy to fly but require more effort in sending them where you want them to go accurately. You have to offset for wind on your own.

Not really all that much to learning to fly a GPS assisted multirotor. The hardest part is maintaining orientation and using the correct input to send it where you want it to go. Some judgement is needed relative to how close they should get to things. Beyond those they fly themselves.

Obstacle avoidance is total drivel IMO. If you aren’t close enough to see how close your aircraft is to other things you have judgement issues that extend beyond what OA will help you with. Yes, I have bumped a couple things in the past, and both times had I been closer to the object I would not have bumped them.

Non GPS assisted models are easy to fly but require more effort in sending them where you want them to go accurately. You have to offset for wind on your own.

Yes.

I fully agree. Just about, which way round it is fortunately we have the red green lights to know which way. Just a case of staying in vision, which is recommended. IF you cannot see it, all you have to go on is the video. OK most of the time.
But.

The previous discourse well illustrates my decision to abandon the AMA in 2017. The AMA is not “there” for aerial modelers, the AMA is “there” for the sole purpose of generating revenue to maintain the AMA. They provide optics of representing model aviation but dedicated representation is just an illusion. Everything they have been doing for the past 5 years has been dedicated to assuring the continuance of the AMA, not dedicated to the protection of aero modeling as a whole.
I like how they "partner" with Fly Robotics, Fly Robotics being owned by the AMA education director and then forget to mention the unholy relationship.

New members are required to demonstrate competent flying skills as a matter of safety and legal liability. As a club where an accident resulted in a fatality, I assure that we take safety seriously. We alternate FPV Multi-GP racing with LOS combat streamer competition at our two airfields. Camera drones are great at finding lost aircraft and are welcome as long as they abide by field and AMA rules including remaining within the boundaries of the air park. New members who are willing to help mow grass, trim grass, paint sheds, repair fences, or move dirt to fill low spots in runways are especially welcome.

Reactions: Phaedrus
not the name I see listed as the AMA education director, or the incorporation papers for Fly Robotics, or the impression I got when I I got suckered into their 107 prep course.

not the name I see listed as the AMA education director, or the incorporation papers for Fly Robotics, or the impression I got when I I got suckered into their 107 prep course.

Not sure I follow all of your last post. But here is what the current AMA website has for staff listing.

Screen Shot 2019-05-04 at 5.56.23 PM.png

But I get you were ☹️ with their 107 prep course. Fair enough. But still not following the rest.

Not sure I follow all of your last post. But here is what the current AMA website has for staff listing.

View attachment 16409

But I get you were ☹ with their 107 prep course. Fair enough. But still not following the rest.
interim, interesting, that was a recent change then Contact us | AMA Flight School

Unhappy with the course? Here's a hint, they don't cover a lot of what was on the test at all, and other material they mention in passing pretty much. By comparison, the King School course netted me a 95% in 35 minutes on the 107 exam. But they did refund my money eventually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bancadoithuongads