Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Old harry rocks

Nice video @thetrecker . Looks like Cornwall to me, though I see from your post it is at Handfast Point, on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset. A lovely neck of the woods.

Reactions: thetrecker
Nice video @thetrecker . Looks like Cornwall to me, though I see from your post it is at Handfast Point, on the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset. A lovely neck of the woods.
Cornwall was last weak old harry rocks just a 55 min drive for me.
Have taken some ques from you like speeding up the video to cut down the time
and watching @RPR last video ( the ship wreck ) was helpful in making me think more about the cuts and what would look good still got a ways to go
but i am loving the H just got to fix the camera
thanks @ChuckBridges for the comment

Cornwall was last weak old harry rocks just a 55 min drive for me.
Have taken some ques from you like speeding up the video to cut down the time
and watching @RPR last video ( the ship wreck ) was helpful in making me think more about the cuts and what would look good still got a ways to go
but i am loving the H just got to fix the camera
thanks @ChuckBridges for the comment
Speeding up the video in post, I've found, doesn't always work well especially if you can see people walking (they look like Charlie Chaplin) or motor vehicles. Works best when there isn't much going on with moving objects in the frame. So yes, speeding up the video is a tool you can use but should be used with some caution...something I sometimes get wrong with the results bordering on Benny Hill. I agree about that ship wreck video. It was well put together.

I have a booking for tomorrow taking some footage of 'Manchester City Of Trees' organisation planting trees on Crompton Moor. They want images to help them decide where next to plant trees on the moor in the coming weeks. The nature of the shoot should lend itself to a lot of speeded up stuff in the video...trees don't tend to run around in my experience ;)

Edit to say: Have you seen any of my videos that include a 'Dolly Zoom' effect? An effect that you can get by applying a zoom to an object that your aircraft is moving away from such that the object appears to be fixed or still receding while the background zooms in. Here is an example

Last edited:
Speeding up the video in post, I've found, doesn't always work well especially if you can see people walking (they look like Charlie Chaplin) or motor vehicles. Works best when there isn't much going on with moving objects in the frame. So yes, speeding up the video is a tool you can use but should be used with some caution...something I sometimes get wrong with the results bordering on Benny Hill. I agree about that ship wreck video. It was well put together.

I have a booking for tomorrow taking some footage of 'Manchester City Of Trees' organisation planting trees on Crompton Moor. They want images to help them decide where next to plant trees on the moor in the coming weeks. The nature of the shoot should lend itself to a lot of speeded up stuff in the video...trees don't tend to run around in my experience ;)
trees don`t tend to run !!! love it
yep have seen one of yours with a few ppl walking reminded me of the key stone cops lol i was lucky the one person you can see just looks like he is running, yep you have to be careful in its use
your job tomorrow sounds like the perfect use of a drone

Reactions: FlushVision
@FlushVision i do like that affect yes have seen 1 of yours and like what you just posted (in your edit ) ill keep working on normal at the moment and will look at adding that later
or buy a mavic 2 zoom <<< going to get slated for that comment lol

@FlushVision i do like that affect yes have seen 1 of yours and like what you just posted (in your edit ) ill keep working on normal at the moment and will look at adding that later
or buy a mavic 2 zoom <<< going to get slated for that comment lol
If you have any suitable footage there's no reason why you can't experiment with the technique now. That's what I did to produce that 7 second clip although I did have to reverse the footage before applying the zoom (as evidenced by the guy running backwards). I suspect that you are using Filmora and if so you already have the tools to apply the effect.

Edit to say that the effect works best in 4K so you don't loose much in resolution when zooming...though the clip I posted above was at 1080

Last edited:
If you have any suitable footage there's no reason why you can't experiment with the technique now. That's what I did to produce that 7 second clip although I did have to reverse the footage before applying the zoom (as evidenced by the guy running backwards). I suspect that you are using Filmora and if so you already have the tools to apply the effect.

Edit to say that the effect works best in 4K so you don't loose much in resolution when zooming...though the clip I posted above was at 1080
using Movavi found the zoom added it to some but not all need a better subject matter ( an object to zoom in on )

Last edited:
using Movavi found the zoom added it to some but not all need a better subject matter ( an object to zoom in on )
Yes, you need to be closer to your object of interest for the effect to work. Here is another short example...

Reactions: thetrecker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin