Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

PixAero vs Peau vs Stock

Reaction score
Does anyone have some comparative video clips comparing PixAero, Peau & Stock lenses??

I am considering the upgrade, but not sure which to spring for.

Hopefully they have been shot with the same settings.

If a straight replacement, the PixAero... and that is the video that I made that decision on.

Not sure if any of you guys watched this video, but take a closer look at what he said at 1:22 where he talks about cameras.
He said that standard CGO3+ camera is upgraded with NEW LENS !

Im getting conflicting reports from Yuneec that the CGO-CI will not be compatible with the H, cant see how this could be as it uses the same gimbal mount, guess we will just have to wait and see.......

Loving the PixAero, is there an outlet in the UK that would perform the upgrade?

I would email Frank at CarolinaDronz. Since he does these upgrades, he might be in the best position to recommend someone on that
side of the pond.

Not from an operational standpoint. I've been using one for 6 months now as my primary camera. I have two other stock lens cameras that I've used but infrequently since getting the PixAero.

As for the installation, when I bought my second H I requested that CarolinaDronz install the lens before shipping it. They also installed a 2.4gig antenna upgrade at that time for me. I understood up front those actions voided the manufacturer warranty and accepted that. Changing only the lens would void the camera warranty, leaving the H warranty intact.

Since that time I've encountered only one "issue". The PixAero lens often uses only Teflon tape to achieve a tight fit and the lens might thread in or out a little when being cleaned. That changes focus. Re-focusing and applying a drop of hot melt glue between the lens and camera frame locked the lens in focus position.

The PixAero lens is well worth doing.

Reactions: Graham
Thanks, Pat. Had it over a year and it's now out of warranty (UK). I've been happy with the focus, but now see the Pixaero as a much cheaper upgrade than one of the new cameras!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy