Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

power 4 battery, light led blue charging

Reaction score
hi,my new battery not charger, 0 hr to flying, with tester to connector DEANS is 0, but another connector is 13,60v.
why? it's broken?
thanks.

Attachments

• power 4.jpg
    power 4.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 18
Gregorio,
I have not taken a battery apart but my understanding is that in your photo the left hand terminal is negative, the right hand terminal is positive and the four in the middle are the sensors to monitor each cell. If you check the voltage across the outer two terminals this will be your overall battery voltage.

Your new photo shows that one cell only has 2.6v. The nominal voltage should be 3.7V and fully charged can be 4.2v. Other perhaps more knowledge people may have different advice but I don't take risks with lipos so I would say that battery is not useable and send it back to dealer. If you are not familiar with lipo batteries, check other websites such as A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries as well as this forum.

Your new photo shows that one cell only has 2.6v. The nominal voltage should be 3.7V and fully charged can be 4.2v. Other perhaps more knowledge people may have different advice but I don't take risks with lipos so I would say that battery is not useable and send it back to dealer. If you are not familiar with lipo batteries, check other websites such as A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries as well as this forum.
I imagined that a cell was left. a nice break.
thanks dilly

That is a bad battery if your readings are accurate. It's got a bad cell and not going to come back or be trustworthy if it does hold a charge.
the battery is new never even mounted.
Luckily I have not used for flight.
thanks craigcam

the battery is new never even mounted.
Luckily I have not used for flight.
thanks craigcam

Who is manufacturer? LiPo batteries are subject to big temperature swings in shipping which does not help. I've had brand new batteries be DOA as well and it's a PIA to deal with.

I've got a fireproof safe with probably 2K in suspect batteries from multiple drones of all sizes. Ultimately, we don't own our power. We kind of buy a battery to "lease" it's juice and they will die if not vigorously maintained.

I've got a fireproof safe with probably 2K in suspect batteries from multiple drones of all sizes. Ultimately, we don't own our power. We kind of buy a battery to "lease" it's juice and they will die if not vigorously maintained.

I understand, but the drone is never left home, I put it into operation to update the firmware, luckily I had the double battery and at least for now it works. I think it's an assembly problem, not storage I (+ 60 ° C or below 5 ° C) because I realsense the form, so I doubt it's the old factory.

My next project will be graphite battery and structure made with 3d printer, pay 112 € a power 4 does not seem appropriate at this point.

My next project will be graphite battery and structure made with 3d printer, pay 112 € a power 4 does not seem appropriate at this point.

For what's it's worth, the OEM power 4 is a decent battery and Yuneec should replace that one for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fabricolaundry