Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Problem with Typhoon H with CGO ET Firmware - Please support

One more thing:

I can see the temperature in the centre of the screen (little cross). When I go with my hand in front of the camera the temperature raise up to from 21°C to 35°C. So a bit of communication is working - but no picture unfortunately.

Není jasné, zda byla aktualizace dokončena.
Rozbalte stažený soubor.
Přejmenujte rozbalený soubor na "firmware.bin".
Při každém pokusu o aktualizaci vytvořte novou kopii souboru "firmware.bin".
Zkopírujte soubor "firmware.bin" na čerstvě naformátovanou kartu SD.
Vložte kartu SD do fotoaparátu.
Zapněte fotoaparát.
Nechte jej běžet alespoň 5 minut. Kontrolky mohou být červené/bílé/jantarové/fialové a zelené v různých časech. Kontrolka LED může v určitém okamžiku dokonce zeleně blikat. Je však důležité, abyste kartu nevyndávali příliš brzy. Nejlepší je nechat ji zapnutou alespoň 5 minut.

It is not clear if the update completed.
Unzip the downloaded file.
Rename the extracted file to "firmware.bin"
Make a new copy of "firmware.bin" each time you attempt an update.
Copy "firmware.bin" to a freshly formatted SD card.
Put the SD card in the camera.
Power up the camera.
Let it work for at least 5 minutes. The lights may go red/white/amber/purple and green at different times. It may flash steady green at least once, even when it is NOT fully updated. It is important not to remove the card too early. The best way is to just leave it alone for at least 5 minutes.

Did you go through binding the camera after the last update attempt? Go to the binding menu and select refresh, then select the SSID that appears in the camera column, then select the Bind button.

I will test it with renamed file and do the upload again.

For me it would be ok to send it to Yuneec but to get in touch with them is really hard. Tried to give a phone call and tried to send email but no answer. Before I send it to Yuneec I need to get in touch with them to clarify shipping adress etc...

Mal ganz blöd gefragt, die richtige Kamera ist in der ST16 schon ausgewählt, oder?

Quite a stupid question, the right camera has already been selected in the ST16, right?

Some trick with the version should be done. The officials do have not something extraordinary to revert the firmware. Probably just a patched original binary.

From the owner's explanation, the reflash procedure has no effect.

ST16 shows a picture without any binding. The camera doesn't start RTSP broadcast for some reason. Or it starts, but the IP address is different.

I haven't a camera, so I can't try.

@WTFDproject: I left I now for a very long time for doing flash process. but still same problem- I only can see temperature but no picture

@DoomMeister: I always do a wifi search, connect to the camera wifi and afterwars a binding process. so that should be good so far

@ulie: There are no stupid questions, every help is welcome. But yes, correct camera is selected

@Vaklin: I do not understand, what do you think I can do? I start also thinking about that we are close to the target - think there is something stupid simple think we forgot to set. IP adress or anything else :) ...need to say that the ST16 was also flashed with new firmware - maybe something needs to be reseted or something else?

Reactions: Steve Carr
I start also thinking about that we are close to the target - think there is something stupid simple think we forgot to set. IP adress or anything else :) ...need to say that the ST16 was also flashed with new firmware - maybe something needs to be reseted or something else?
That is actually a good idea! Next to the SD card slot on the camera are two micro switches. Use a toothpick broke in half or a paperclip bent into a U shape.

With power off depress both buttons and keep them pressed while you power on the aircraft (try to have the gimbal in the position it would go to on power up). Leave them pressed for 15 seconds then release them. After another 15 seconds power cycle the aircraft and see if there are any changes.

When you go into the bind menu what is the SSID displayed for the camera?

I tried it with renamed file "firmware.bin" but no difference, all happend same.

If nobody has an idea what we can do anymore it would be nice to get an good working contact to Yuneec to send the aircraft for repair.

Thank you all for your great help and the many efforts
Ich werde Montag den Yuneec Techniker kontaktieren und Dir dann Bescheid geben!
Das einschicken der Kamera sollte dann ausreichen. Aus welchen Bundesland kommst Du?

I will contact the Yuneec technician on Monday and let you know!
Sending in the camera should then be sufficient. Which state are you from?

@Olize do you have a windows PC with 802.11a/ac WiFi capability. If you do you can test some functionality of the camera by connecting to the camera’s WiFi and streaming the video to the VLC app. There is also a small program written by a member to allow you to change the palette. See this thread for more detail Looking for Typhoon H CGO ET thermal CGI commands

I do not understand, what do you think I can do? I start also thinking that we are close to the target - think there is something stupid simple think we forgot to set. IP address or anything else :) ...need to say that the ST16 was also flashed with the new firmware - maybe something needs to be reset or something else?
My suggestion was addressed to some people with some technical habits and equipment. I'm afraid, the camera is not flashed with the 480 firmware. The best will be if we catch up with what the officials will solve the problem.

Reactions: Olize
That is actually a good idea! Next to the SD card slot on the camera are two micro switches. Use a toothpick broke in half or a paperclip bent into a U shape.

With power off depress both buttons and keep them pressed while you power on the aircraft (try to have the gimbal in the position it would go to on power up). Leave them pressed for 15 seconds then release them. After another 15 seconds power cycle the aircraft and see if there are any changes.

When you go into the bind menu what is the SSID displayed for the camera?

Its a really hard job to hold the dip switches, hold the drone and switch it on - think I try it later again when we are two people here :)

SSID of the cam is "CGOET_C2002B"

2022-03-26 19_24_46-DSC_3069.JPG ‎- Fotos.jpg

This temperature at the cross in the center of the screen shows real values, that drives me crazy - why I don't get a picture...
2022-03-26 19_26_01-DSC_3070.JPG ‎- Fotos.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
Ich werde Montag den Yuneec Techniker kontaktieren und Dir dann Bescheid geben!
Das einschicken der Kamera sollte dann ausreichen. Aus welchen Bundesland kommst Du?

I will contact the Yuneec technician on Monday and let you know!
Sending in the camera should then be sufficient. Which state are you from?
Wäre super wenn du mir eine Verbindung herstellen könntest - ich brauche die Drohne wirklich bald funktionstüchtig.
Ich bin in Ba-Wü

Switch it to visual, thermal, and so on.
Very good idea - i can see the thermal pic - but not the visual pic :eek:

it is not possible to do a reset or change Palette of colors or anything else... something is wrong with the connection - there is only a partial connection

Last edited:
This is not related to the palette at all. Visual RTSP feed is with a different URL.

Reactions: DoomMeister
So, a step back, you didn't revert the firmware. The file should be patched but I don't know how to do this.

Here is a complicated part. How to get the information with some social engineering tricks...

This is not related to the palette at all. Visual RTSP feed is with a different URL.
ich checked the seperate cameras with my laptop by wifi connection. Same like at the ST16 - I got connection to the thermal cam but the visual cam was unreachable

So, a step back, you didn't revert the firmware. The file should be patched but I don't know how to do this.

Here is a complicated part. How to get the information with some social engineering tricks...
I have a person that will check with Yuneec Germany tech on Monday. Keeping fingers crossed that we finally get some resolution to this ongoing dilemma.

Viditelná obrazová část firmwaru je buď poškozená, nebo je špatná samotná karta. Prozatím doufejme, že se jedná pouze o firmware. Následující dokument je variantou aktualizace firmwaru, která v jiných případech fungovala. V návodu je uvedeno několik dlouhých časových úseků. Je důležité je dodržet. Děje se zde toho hodně, aniž by to bylo zvenčí zřejmé. Pokud se proces zastaví, začněte znovu. Někdy to funguje postupně.

The visible image part of the firmware is either corrupted or the card itself is bad. For now, let's hope it's just the firmware. The following document is a variant of a firmware update that has worked in other cases. There are several long time periods listed in the instructions. It is important to follow them. There is a lot going on here without it being obvious from the outside. If the process stops, start again. Sometimes it works gradually.

Attachments

• Výměna firmwaru CGoET.pdf
    271 KB · Views: 6
  • CGoET SD-Karte Firmware-Ersatz.pdf
    233 KB · Views: 13
  • CGoET SD Card Firmware Replacement.pdf
    260.8 KB · Views: 10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members