Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quality Loss When Processing Typhoon Footage

I always transfer my files through compressor and then use Apple ProRez (HQ) at 1080p30. Works fine.

Why not select 1080i? Would that not be better for playback on good monitors? I'm also curious if I render at 720 for internet does that help reduce compression from YouTube and others? It's easy to change codecs on a finished project and render a new version and I'm trying to find the sweet spot where the video compression of servers is not totally crushing my colors. I'm playing with film filters now also and it's really great fun and satisfying to see how cool you can make your H shots look. The haters are so wrong about the CGO being no good. Every professional video person or photographer who sees my raw footage want to know what camera I'm flying and marvel at how it looks better than most stock off the shelf drone vids from those other companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The CGO camera is great imo. And it is good enough to do professional work. This is not a $30,000 dollar rig. But imo, for someone that wants good flight times, stability, redundancy, and a full feature "smart drone" & still keep your bird under $2,000 bucks, and have everything you need plus a bit more, you can't beat the H for price and features, and the camera is pretty **** good and can get better. The platform is outstanding and again, is slowly improving.

The issue imo was with a lot of filming is rendering and the software you use.

Here is one of my first films I made with my 4K.

I consider myself a novice\amateur\beginner in flying drones and aerial videography, but I read a lot and fly as much as I can, and experiment with different settings and formats rendering.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwalston