Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Quick inquiry on flight log retention

Reaction score
I typically back up all my flight logs and data offline on a redundant drive (yup, call me paranoid).

Is there any reason to keep the came data files on the ST16 once I have archived the originals? It would be a tad easier if I didn't have to sort through so many every time I do a back up.

Thanks in advance. . .

DP

I typically back up all my flight logs and data offline on a redundant drive (yup, call me paranoid).

Is there any reason to keep the came data files on the ST16 once I have archived the originals? It would be a tad easier if I didn't have to sort through so many every time I do a back up.

Thanks in advance. . .

DP
If you've properly backed up your data then I see no reason why you can't delete them from your SD16. If you use UAV Toolbox there may be an issue with building reports from files that you re-install on the ST16 but I'm not sure at all about that. Maybe Tuna will jump in here.

For sequential purposes I’d retain the last couple files in the -16. The system over writes old files when storage space is needed so retaining files stored elsewhere is not needed and wastes storage space.

The ST-16 doesn't need you to keep any telemetry files on board to function correctly. Under normal operation, it will retain a maximum of 100 flights, deleting the oldest ones when that number is exceeded. Subsequent files are numbered as one higher than the highest file found on the device - so if you delete all of the telemetry files, it will restart the number sequence, which may cause some confusion for you. The ST-16 itself doesn't care though.

For ease, you can just drag and drop all files, accepting 'Skip existing' in your copy dialogue when you make the archive - that will only bring across new telemetry.

UAV Toolbox (if you use it) may be confused if you change file names or the timestamps for files. Other than that, it doesn't mind if telemetry files are removed. If you reset the numbering sequence by removing all telemetry, it may find it difficult to properly synchronize with the on-line flight reviews and pilots logs.

The ST-16 doesn't need you to keep any telemetry files on board to function correctly. Under normal operation, it will retain a maximum of 100 flights, deleting the oldest ones when that number is exceeded. Subsequent files are numbered as one higher than the highest file found on the device - so if you delete all of the telemetry files, it will restart the number sequence, which may cause some confusion for you. The ST-16 itself doesn't care though.

For ease, you can just drag and drop all files, accepting 'Skip existing' in your copy dialogue when you make the archive - that will only bring across new telemetry.

UAV Toolbox (if you use it) may be confused if you change file names or the timestamps for files. Other than that, it doesn't mind if telemetry files are removed. If you reset the numbering sequence by removing all telemetry, it may find it difficult to properly synchronize with the on-line flight reviews and pilots logs.
I remember some months ago (you may remember it, Tuna) that I couldn't get Toolbox to build summaries and it turned out that the problem was a corrupt file that was causing subsequent flights not being able to be summarized. Deleting that file on your advice did the trick.

Reactions: Tuna

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appslurenisha