Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Remote ID Apps (OpenDroneID)

Reaction score
www.youtube.com/watch?v=utz6ymcEzUI

Has anyone been able to get any Remote ID receiver apps to work as good as this video depicts where the data is in real time and updating real time? I've tried on various devices and various different apps (Air sentinel, Drone scanner and now OpenDroneID) and they are all thus far delayed and unreliable. I've been trying with a DJI avatar.

The video shows instant real time updates and flight path. Any idea how to get the app to work that efficiently and effectively? (Skip to about 1:25 on the video)

They do not pickup embedded RID so if your drone has RID built in it will not see. They only see broadcast RID they do update however the RID use BT so you have range limitation. VLOS which is fine. I use OpendroneID and drone scanner and they both work . WIth my DB120. Remember these apps are just to verify operation not RT track. THere is no reason for that since the FAA monitors.

Last edited:
They work in real time with your DB120? Meaning that you can see the flight path in real time?

It's not entirely true that they do not pickup embedded RID. They pick up the embedded RID, but it's finicky and doesn't update in real time, it also takes about 45 seconds to 1-2 minutes to notice the drone.

Mine is close to realtime 10 sec delay its of no value to me anyway. I will never use it except at take off to make sure its on. I tried picking up my Skydio 2 + and my Mavic 3 and none of them showed up. I have left on for 30-60 mins and it did not show the embedded drones.

The less effective these apps are the better. Best to keep the anti drone neighborhood watch types at bay. I’ve never had a negative encounter with spectators and hope to keep it that way.

The less effective these apps are the better. Best to keep the anti drone neighborhood watch types at bay. I’ve never had a negative encounter with spectators and hope to keep it that way.
Well the good news is they all suck so far!

Yuneec drones already transmit the required information. It is just not in the format being used by RID.

BTW, can someone post here what is:
- the required information; and
- the format of this information; and
- the transfer media for this information?

Here's the general gist. The FAA is leaving it open to "Via Radio Frequency" for any future technology that might come out.

1691683793955.png
  • Remote ID capability is built into the drone
  • From takeoff to shutdown, drone broadcasts:
    • Drone ID (Remote ID-compliant serial number)
    • Drone location and altitude
    • Drone velocity
    • Control station location and elevation
    • Time mark
    • Emergency status

1691683830452.png

• Remote ID capability through module attached to drone
  • Limited to visual line of sight operations
  • From takeoff to shutdown, drone broadcasts:
    • Drone ID (Remote ID-compliant serial number)
    • Drone location and altitude
    • Drone velocity
    • Takeoff location and elevation
    • Time mark

Not enough to invest knowledge in this topic for now. When they're more precise, we can do something.

Or, at least, will be perfect if the drone owners say what they want to have.

BTW, a dedicated reader will cover the needs? There is a ready-made ZigBee sniffer, which will monitor all possible information from and to the drone. Not so worth is to translate this to human readable digits.

They do not pickup embedded RID so if your drone has RID built in it will not see. They only see broadcast RID they do update however the RID use BT so you have range limitation. VLOS which is fine. I use OpendroneID and drone scanner and they both work . WIth my DB120. Remember these apps are just to verify operation not RT track. THere is no reason for that since the FAA monitors.
What is the best remote ID module to get for my Yuneec typhoon H plus, and where can i get one and how much$$ ?

I use the DB120 and the HolyStone units

Here is info
Holystone
US FAA Compliant Drone Identification broadcast Module Spare Parts for F11GIM, F11PRO, F7, V11, HS720, HS720G, Mini 4, Mini2 SE, Mini 3, Air 3, ATOM SE, HS720, HS720E, HS720G, HS600, HS720R
Holyton
Dronebeacon

This is motor arm mount for adaptor available for DJI Inspire Matrice and Yuneed H series

This is Holystone adaptor

THis is DB120 adaptor

what is the best remote ID module to get for an yuneec typhon H plus and how much $$$

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold