Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Screws for arm clip issue

Reaction score
A while ago, I had a dynamic roll over and damaged an arm. I replaced everything needed and it's been fine since.
Today, the small screw holding the arm clip in place came out. When I tried to replace it with the spare, it just drops inside the arm socket. I've two questions:
1. What are anyones thoughts on using a slightly larger screw? It seems it's there to retain tension on the spring clip and hold it in place.
2. I've read elsewhere that if I fly with the arm slack, the weight of the Typhoon will maintain the arm in position anyway. Is this correct?

Any opinions welcome.

Neill W

Neill,

A new screw would need to be of larger diameter and longer. A home remedy might be to obtain some medium CA, plastic safe glue and mix baking soda into the screw boss with the screw in place to act as a thread repair. A slow set epoxy would be better. Neither of which is the "right" way to do things.

As for the arm staying in place in flight, I've had one with a very weak clip in use for months and a great many flights. This far there have been no problems. It's not the weight of the H, it's all about thrust. The direction of thrust is always to the top side of the prop (unless reversal occurs due to motor failure on the opposite side) and even at "descent throttle" there is considerable upwards thrust load applied by the propeller. They really can't fall unless thrust is reduced to zero, which cannot occur unless the motor stops. The power design of the H does not allow that in flight unless electrical current is denied. Not saying it will always work, but I've been doing it. Might it bite my butt? It might but so far it hasn't.

If the boom will not remain in the extended position prior to arming the motors I would not consider flying it until a repair was done though.

Thanks. I agree, not perfect, but the alternative appears to be another new arm. They're fiddly to fit the wires through!
Will work on the idea of a larger screw,...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat