Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Settings

Reaction score
It would be helpful to us newbies if you could post the camera settings used with the pictures to help get us started. Thanks.

Reactions: Texas_Willie
Settings change with the scenery and lighting, along with the level of creativity the photographer wants to generate. What works for me might not work for you. How you post process is also very influential. Best “one stop” advice I can give you is to suggest watching a few of CaptainDrone’s videos on YouTube to gain a few basics.

Reactions: CrazyKn
If a photographer has input specific settings for a particular shot, then those settings apply to the end product and can be VERY helpful for someone trying to recreate that particular look...I agree with the original poster 100%.
If you have the information readily available, then just take the little extra time to post the info and help EVERYONE become better photographers.

I think the subject of photography and videography is far deeper than some/many may imagine. There is no easy way to learn it all at once. Typically when people start throwing out suggestions, as helpful as they may be; they can be confusing and cause more questions than they answer. I believe I could have gotten 2 or 3 four year degrees in the same time I have spent chasing imagery production and I am still learning.

Having said that, if you're new to photography and even drone photography here is the good news, cameras are getting much better all the time and the truth is you don't need* to know as much as it took years ago. Start with the basics, let your camera run on auto settings in the beginning because believe it or not, the settings on auto will be about 75 to 80% of the way there and to get further you need to know exactly what to do and when for any given circumstance
* You may not need to know to start but to progress and get better you will at some point have to learn the basics.:cool:

Drone Tip#1: Always establish a subject. If your photographing from a drone make sure there is a subject and apply the rules. This can be difficult sometimes because we are moving and looking at many things. Video from a drone gets tougher for the same reason but always ask yourself - "What am I trying to show"? This will allow you better approach the task of getting the best picture.

Most of the improvements to one's photography comes from understanding the basics: Composition, rule of thirds, leading lines, framing the shot and so much more. To get started here is a great video showing the basics and how the interact with your photos. Now some of this is about portraiture and so fourth but these are the foundational rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas_Willie
to OP, always shoot RAW/DNG, as it affords MUCH more control, for jpegs, you have already thrown 80-90% of photo data, not good.

things like white balance and color temperature are DONT CARE when shooting RAW, this is common practice for DSLR/large sensor shooters, why have a particular jpeg engine make all the decisions.

BUT, for trivial photos, it is fine to shoot jpeg, but do you know when those trivial photos are now very important !!

ps: we do NOT know what kind of 'magic' the future holds for photo processing, the future may be able to change the focus point or even turn a pic into 3D glorious pic, so the MORE photo data you preserve the better, unfortunately i see very few (any?) photo processing s/w that handles RAW pano processing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs