Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Slow left Stick, Mode 2

Reaction score
My right stick is very responsive, but my left stick, well, it have plenty of up, but not alot of rudder control, very sluggish. What would be the recommended settings for my rudder?

My right stick is very responsive, but my left stick, well, it have plenty of up, but not alot of rudder control, very sluggish. What would be the recommended settings for my rudder?
Check the sticks in Hardware Monitor to see if the go full scale and appear smooth. I suspect they need cleaned.
Go to this thread and look at comment #7.
Drift due to uncalibrated aileron stick

Nope, rabbit, and the forward and back, left and right on the Right stick are great, the throttle works great, rudder acts like 1/4 speed...

I have a similiar problem with my ST10+. Tried to blow it out and it helped for awhile. But it has gone back to sluggish. Looks like surgery is the only option. Gonna go get some of the WD40 Electronics Cleaner that Steve Carr uses.

Def dirty.... Grrr... and rates were defaulted low...
You can't really tell what the rates are set at until the controls are clean. After cleaning, if the limits are still low you can simply recalibrate the ST16.

Cleaned, and works beautiful. CRC QD Electronic Cleaner works great too... Use it for everything else...

Reactions: Steve Carr
Cleaned, and works beautiful. CRC QD Electronic Cleaner works great too... Use it for everything else...
Did you open up the controller to clean or just spray into the top of the joystick and work it in?? I have tried spraying into the top (without opening controller) and I can not seem to get mine to get clean.

I am seeing my left stick (J2/Rud) sometimes stick around 4% when it is suppossed to be centered so I think I need to clean it. What I see when I am flying is sometimes the drone will slowly spin on its own when the stick is released because of this. For short term fix, I adjusted the J2/Rud by changing the mode to 'Spline' and made it close to zero between points 4 and 6. This makes it very insensitive around the center point. Another thing I found (prior to changing to spline) was when the drone was rotating on its own, I could use turtle mode and it would also stop rotating.

I have tried spraying into the top
Several people have gotten good results by spraying at the base of the stick. Otherwise you can open the ST16 and spray it. If you're going to do that it might be just as well to get a stick and replace it. They're only $15.

Did you try it like this guy did in the video? You can turn the sound off and watch starting at minute 3:00

"Did you try it like this guy did in the video? You can turn the sound off and watch starting at minute 3:00"

Yes, I tried this, thanks for asking and pointing this video out. I turned off the ST16 while spraying though since I was nervous about causing a short of some kind... not sure if this is a necessary precaution or not. I am using CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. I tried it 4 times.

"Did you try it like this guy did in the video? You can turn the sound off and watch starting at minute 3:00"
Yes, I tried this, thanks for asking and pointing this video out. I turned off the ST16 while spraying though since I was nervous about causing a short of some kind... not sure if this is a necessary precaution or not. I am using CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. I tried it 4 times.
Several people are using the CRC. It'a a good product. I used the WD40 brand of contact cleaner and I'm sure they are close to the same. I turned my ST16 off and waited for it to dry which is only a couple of minutes. It does take a fair amount of spray to penetrate the sticks. Should be no problem with anything shorting out. I put some in a cup and checked with a meg-ohm meter and got no reading so it is non-conductive.
If you can't get it working correctly then order a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterfantastic