Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smart Mode "Circle of Death"

Reaction score
Made this post in another thread, but thought it warranted it's own discussion.

There have been many threads and stories with problems of the drone racing to get outside the "circle of death". Safe mode has many advantages, but maybe a small change to the death circle in the firmware could alleviate a lot of the problems. What if the drone, when switched to safe mode, prevents the pilot from coming any closer than the current position. This would stop the drone racing off. The pilot would still have full control for all directions that did not bring the drone closer to the ST16.

Made this post in another thread, but thought it warranted it's own discussion.

There have been many threads and stories with problems of the drone racing to get outside the "circle of death". Safe mode has many advantages, but maybe a small change to the death circle in the firmware could alleviate a lot of the problems. What if the drone, when switched to safe mode, prevents the pilot from coming any closer than the current position. This would stop the drone racing off. The pilot would still have full control for all directions that did not bring the drone closer to the ST16.
I wonder if it's in the radio settings. Everything seems to relate to the radio and the settings. Some are braver than others to attempt the changes. Me on the other hand, I have no fear in knowing someone else is going to try it before me. But a user adjustable fence would be nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy