Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Smoother video when panning 360

Reaction score
Anyone have an issue with video not recording smoothly when recording with a slow pan movement on the gimbal? I was recording at 1080 60 FPS with a U3 micro SD card. So the card should have had no problem writing all the info to it.

Thanks,
Chad

Also just tried to test out time lapse but I couldn’t get the controller to leave single shooting mode. Can you not shoot time lapse while using DNG format?

Also just tried to test out time lapse but I couldn’t get the controller to leave single shooting mode. Can you not shoot time lapse while using DNG format?
i like your question Chad waiting for the experts to reply but just going to set the h up on the bench to check out the time lapse setting see if it will let me with dng mode

i like your question Chad waiting for the experts to reply but just going to set the h up on the bench to check out the time lapse setting see if it will let me with dng mode
got to be on camera mod not video mod but nope wont let me set it up in any mode but jpg

Last edited:
Was it a windy day when you were having these issues ? I agree probably not the card, but if the cam pan switch is set quite low, and the craft is tilted to some degree while holding in place, that can affect the speed of the pan, and make it seem 'sticky' in some sectors. Might that be what you're having ? If that is what's going on, I solve it by just increasing pan speed subtly to give it a bit more 'oomph' as it goes round...

No, but I have had issues with the video playing smoothly on my computer when trying to view it. I thought it was the video, but discovered it was actually my PC working on other things in the background. Makes me wonder if you might be having that issue, or are you experiencing this with different playback circumstance?

Reactions: thetrecker
Was it a windy day when you were having these issues ? I agree probably not the card, but if the cam pan switch is set quite low, and the craft is tilted to some degree while holding in place, that can affect the speed of the pan, and make it seem 'sticky' in some sectors. Might that be what you're having ? If that is what's going on, I solve it by just increasing pan speed subtly to give it a bit more 'oomph' as it goes round...

That makes sense. It was a little breezy and I did have the pan set pretty low. I have to add more footage of this restaurant so I’ll do another take and see how that turns out. Thanks for the input.

No, but I have had issues with the video playing smoothly on my computer when trying to view it. I thought it was the video, but discovered it was actually my PC working on other things in the background. Makes me wonder if you might be having that issue, or are you experiencing this with different playback circumstance?

If you had said this last month I would have totally thought it was my computer but I recently went through my Mac setting and figured out why I couldn’t edit in Premier Pro because of ridiculous playback lagging.

got to be on camera mod not video mod but nope wont let me set it up in any mode but jpg

Well this news sucks. JPEG’s suck there’s not going to be enough information in those files to allow for much adjustments. Guess I’ll have to stick with video and do speed ramping on the clips instead.

Guess it’s not all about the increased mega pixels. Lol You’d think with these faster cards the ability to shoot DNG no matter which mode you’re trying to use would be easily corrected via a software update.
Now DNG should be good to go, just a larger file to fool around with.

We should ask Yuneec for an update to correct this issue. If it can record 4K video there’s no reason it can’t take time lapse in DNG. they should also give us the option of an interval time 1-3-5-8-10 seconds.
I would hope this will be on their things to do list?

To get 60 FPS. I knew I wanted to use speed ramping and it would look better at 60 fps than 4K at 30 FPS.
Ahhh, I would think 120FPS would be a better fit for what you're trying to accomplish, but unfortunately it isn't possible with the H's

I'm sure you have software to slow down the 60FPS or even at 30FPS.
The wind should not really affect the slow panning of the camera, I've never had issues panning at the slowest speeds even in wind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alvaro