Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

So i bought one of these

Reaction score
hello, I need some advise

I bought one of these batteries off of eBay as an extra battery before I leave in vacation.

eBay

The first one I used for about 10 minutes then put it on the Yuneec battery charger. Well after about 5 hours, it still had the green and red light blinking. I put it into the drone and it showed 11.5 volts. At no time did the charger or battery even get warm.

So I contacted the seller in California and told them the problem. They apologized and sent me another one and asked me to send the first one back. I charged the second one before using it. Same issue. 5 hours later still both lights blinking. Have not checked the voltage yet.

So my question is, can I have two bad batteries or is the charger an issue or just not able to charge a 6300 mah battery? The charger worked fine on the Yuneec battery that came with the drone.

Any advise would be appreciated. Had I had time I would have bought the Gifi ones that are noted on this site.

Tks

You put your money down and you take your chances. I bought a GIFI, it charges fine but it will not run my Q500 4k for more than 10 to12 min. The stock Yuneec battery gives me 17 to 21 min...let me know if you find a GOOD battery

No problem with the stock charger but I needed something more to keep the two stock plus two Morpilot batteries I bought charged so I bought the Venom, four battery charger. So far it's great.
976662cf006aa3c60fd580bd9bbb708b.jpg

e5e1acaacdb9a9f6daeec21783e67076.jpg

One of the problems I discovered with a set of batteries I have is the balance pins don't make contact in the battery charger. On the battery the four center contacts (one horizontal large and three small) are for the balance port monitoring on the charger. I purchased a banana plug to Yuneec adapter for my desktop multi-type battery charger and did a slight modification to the adapter to get it to work.

So I would suggest checking to see if the balance pins are making contact in the charger. I used a little bit of model paint on the pins in the charger, placed the battery in and removed the battery. When the model paint was ledt on the outside the balance pins on the battery it was pretty easy to see they were not making contact. Then a q-tip with model paint remover took the paint off without damaging anything.

Yea I'm not sure if the pins on my Q500 4K are lining up or if I got two bad batteries. Disappointing in any case. And it's been too windy here since I bought it to actually try out the batteries much before vacation.

Does anyone know if the venom chargers noted on another thread come with the cables to connect to the battery or if I need to buy them extra. Just wondering if maybe the cable is bad (pins not lining up).

Well I got tired of wondering if it was the charger or the batteries, so I bit the bullet and took the advise of those more knowledgeable in here and bought the 50 watt dual 3S Venom charger from Walmart for $59. This way I can see which it is and also get a better charger in the process.

Tks guys

Update. Seems the batteries I noted above are ok. My Yuneec charger was the issue. Gonna keep the batteries and the new venom charger and see how it goes in vacation to Colorado. Hoping for some nice no wind days and that the firmware they sent me for removing the 8000 foot limit works..lol

Just wanted to note here that these batteries work so far. Only time will tell if they are quality ones or not. I plan to rotate them in with the Yuneec supplied battery to make sure they all get the same number of charge cycles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kubetlegal