Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Someone found the full manual!

Ooh this is interesting:
Recalibrate the Compass anytime the H520 aircraft has moved more than five miles from the last Compass calibration.
That's a very small amount compared to what they advise with the H

Also the note about replacing the props after every 20hrs of flight.
The accelerometer calibration is also more sophisticated. I hope the next firmware for the H480 includes the extra GPS Status and Video Link Management Status. Everything in those status boxes is already captured in the H logs.
I would also like to see the H Telemetry display be improved like the H520s.
The manual states that while the H480 and H520 props are interchangeable, don't do it with the H520, which makes sense, however I'm wondering if the H520 props would work on the H480 without loading up the motors too much. You might loose a little flight time but they may be more quiet. As long as they don't hit, I may try that one.
I know we'd all like to see the Aux button on the H480 disable/enable the GPS but as a compromise, how about have it mapped to Manual Mode which happens to be the switch on the ST16+ which replaces Smart Mode. I guess they'd be one and the same in terms of disabling the GPS.

No the 520 props will not work on the 480. When I wrote the manual and tried to do it the tips clip each other on the 480 and they don't work. Yep my NDA is released, I authored the manual, then was edited, the aforementioned 5 mile move and calibrate is a safety thing with different magnetic fields due to terrain and ground effect differences.

No the 520 props will not work on the 480. When I wrote the manual and tried to do it the tips clip each other on the 480 and they don't work. Yep my NDA is released, I authored the manual, then was edited, the aforementioned 5 mile move and calibrate is a safety thing with different magnetic fields due to terrain and ground effect differences.
thanks for your hard work - I spotted a typo on page 11 - motor to motor when it means prop to motor. just fyi

Thanks for the heads up on the props.;)

so manual refers to DataPilot desktop application. Where can this be found please.

I have checked the manual looks like camera is not hot swappable after all

Yeah, I was surprised too. Just as Bob makes it clear to us and it is simply a failure to write the manual that says that it is necessary to turn off the aircraft to disconnect the camera.

that and compared to the h480 without the camera you had atleast the telemetry data. but with the h520 to get that same data the camera must be attached. make it much harder to fly without the camera on the drone.

now I must get a camera for it to really be able to use it. also I going to have to get a whole new set of st16s batteries. 5 hours to recharge just one of the controller batteries. but the kicker it must for now be charge only through the controller itself. got three chargers that work only with the st16 battery. a little reverse engineering is in order to get the recharge times down or external power source connection to keep the controller alive for long time frames of 4 hours to 12 hours of usage in one day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge