Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

ST10 Firmware

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert Miller, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Robert Miller

Does anyone know if the seemingly endless addition of new no-fly zones to the ST10 firmware can be avoided by upgrading with the European version (which I assume only contains the European no-fly zones)? To my knowledge disabling the gps on the quad. itself does not disable the no-fly block since the gps cannot be disabled on the ST10. This block has prevented doing some very lo altitude videos, for example at weddings, when in an almost city wide no-fly zone.

2. Savannah Flyer

Great questions Robert. I just tried to do a low altitude photo/video shoot of a vacant trailer yard I own. Airport is one mile away but I do not go above 50 feet for the filming. Very frustrating. Thanks, Ryan

3. Chris K.

I live with in 1 mile of an airport. I contact the tower everytime I fly and I haven't had any problems with no-fly zones. I can fly without any restrictions and without issues flying any On my Q500's

4. Savannah Flyer

Thanks Chris. I give them a call and have another go. Ryan

5. Stevemelamed

How are you flying the q500 in a NFZ. Mine wont even let you start up if you are.

6. LARGE1

I agree how were you getting the bird to even start.

7. Colin

I think it might depend on the class of airport... I live less than 500 yards from a small privately owned airfield (3 tarmac runways though) and I can fly here no problem but haven't yet had reason to see if it'd still fire up near a commercial airfield.

8. Colin

PS. If you do install the EU firmware in your ST10 do not install it on your camera as well or you'll quickly find that your tx power has become severely restricted when compared to the non-EU power limit.