Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Status of earlier post regarding H Erratic operation

Reaction score
All:

After two months of waiting, I finally got my H back from the repair facility in Kansas. Just to update the issue, My H was flying erratically at about 80 feet up. It began to orbit in an elliptical pattern. tried to bring it down to land and it would not lower more than 30 feet above ground. Eventually it took off and crash landed in the trees. Fortunately tithe only damage was the gimbals mounts for the camera. After Yuneec USA reviewed my telemetry file they agreed to issue an RMA for repair. The shop replaced the GPS module. Planning to fly my bird this week end. Hope all goes well.

All:
After two months of waiting, I finally got my H back from the repair facility in Kansas. Just to update the issue, My H was flying erratically at about 80 feet up. It began to orbit in an elliptical pattern. tried to bring it down to land and it would not lower more than 30 feet above ground. Eventually it took off and crash landed in the trees. Fortunately tithe only damage was the gimbals mounts for the camera. After Yuneec USA reviewed my telemetry file they agreed to issue an RMA for repair. The shop replaced the GPS module. Planning to fly my bird this week end. Hope all goes well.
Glad you FINALLY got it back. That's a long wait. Might be well to calibrate everything before that first fight. Also, when you turn it on outside for the first time, let it sit, after boot, for about 13 minutes with the motors off in order to get a good GPS fix.

Reactions: Rayray
Glad you FINALLY got it back. That's a long wait. Might be well to calibrate everything before that first fight. Also, when you turn it on outside for the first time, let it sit, after boot, for about 13 minutes with the motors off in order to get a good GPS fix.
Thanks Steve. I will do just that. Most likely it won't be until later this week as the weather here in northern Maine is overcast and showers.

Just curious, is yours an H or H Pro and was it one of the first release H's from early last year?
Yes I purchased last December. It's H-Pro. was there an issue with this earlier model?

Yes I purchased last December. It's H-Pro. was there an issue with this earlier model?
Not officially and nothing to my knowledge with the H Pro but from the early reports I was reading, it seemed like there may have been a few of the original H's (not pros) which had compass / GPS issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gbare