Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Surveillance uav

Are you seriously comparing a 10,000.00 Euro UAS to a Typhoon H?

Not comparing but that function could have been added to the TH am sure after all it does have follow me mode so am sure yuneec could have tweaked it a bit so u don't have to have the st16 in Ur hand they could have used the wand as a beacon so the TH could track as long as it was turned on
Are you seriously comparing a 10,000.00 Euro UAS to a Typhoon H?

The TH does track the wand! Have you ever tried it? That is what I used the first time I tried Follow Me mode in my golf cart.

The wand is used to control the TH as well as be the GPS unit tracked by the TH. If used in team mode, the wand controls the TH and the ST-16 is used to control the camera and gimbal. Start on page 50 of the attached manual.

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 1
Thanks DM
The wand is used to control the TH as well as be the GPS unit tracked by the TH. If used in team mode, the wand controls the TH and the ST-16 is used to control the camera and gimbal. Start on page 50 of the attached manual.

Sorry but we are here talking pears and apples. Delta is a mapping drone while TH is not. Am I wrong? H520 would fit better to this comparison.

Even the 520 would not be even marginally comparable. It seems some want to believe that uncertified toys should have the same capabilities as a Predator or Global Hawk. They are either unaware or don’t remember that every feature they have with cheap consumer drones originated as cheapened and degraded offshoots of very high end (and high cost) military and law enforcement equipment.

Then you have the group that might believe since the larger high priced stuff can do this or that their low budget hobby grade drone should be able to as well. You can’t get steak on a bean budget, nor carry 10lbs of payload on a machine limited to 5lbs.

Last edited:
Sometimes it would be nice to have a Predator or Global Hawk. :cool:

Sounds great. Right up to the point you start dealing with the amount of maintenance time required for every flight hour. Then you have fuel cost and accessibility. You can’t obtain JP-5 just anywhere, but there are a lot more places carrying it than Yuneec batteries[emoji6]

Maybe the Skydio 2 will perform as advertised.
For now, my 3 year old Typhoon H does what I need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers