Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Tall buildings and trees.

Reaction score
If I fly close to tall buildings or trees, can that make my Q500 4K drone respond erratically? I was flying in pilot mode when my drone did not respond as it usually did and crashed - a complete write-off. I have seen footage on YouTube of cities filmed from directly above.
I am new to this exciting new creative outlet and need all the help I can get. Thanks.

I fly my H around trees all the time with no issue.
Buildings on the other hand can create all sorts of air turbulence and eddies that could over whelm the flight controller. Buildings (Business commercial) are also notoriously RF noisy, you may have suffered from either one.

Reactions: Sigurd Olivier
As very new to drones and the Yuneec 500 4K in particular, I have been reading the 36 page instruction manual. It states in several locations to not fly around tall building and trees. It mentions a 100 degree zone. In fact on page 21 it talks particularly about what you are referencing. Hope this helps.

They just don't want you to get a building or anything too massive between you and the drone for the possibility of signal loss.
Plus.. if your that close to a building that tall, best you have your Part 107 on hand.
:)

Yea the narrower the virtual cone (emanating vertically from the top of the drone) to the sky, the possibility of losing one or more satellite connections thus affecting control. Page 21 shows that too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital