Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

The Airpack is on sale!

Reaction score
I never thought we would do this, but here we are! The Airpack is on sale! $75.00 off, for a limited time!

Drone Mountain AirPack | Accessories

We've had great reviews and I, personally, use this in the mountains all the time. I've knocked it around, dropped it, and I've even kicked it. No damage to anything inside. A far superior pack from any other on the market. And, when you're not using it for your H, you can use it for hiking, camping, or whatever. The pack is a tactical pack that has been adapted for this use.

At that price it better be made out of Kevlar or something like it...

At that price it better be made out of Kevlar or something like it...
Here is one a lot cheeper, https://www.amazon.com/Explorer-Tactical-Olive-Green-11-Inch/dp/B00B0F1IM8?tag=rangermade-20&th=1 but in my experience in R&D in pack design and 20+ years working in the mountains, for many reasons I would strongly advise against either for carrying our dear H's.
The Yuneec branded one is specifically designed for our foam, and is more than ok for most uses, - for mountain/trail use, a specific mountain pack with the H legs disassembled and all adequately padded to prevent all movement, is the way to go. Something like one of these Shop Technical Packs & Outdoor Backpacks | Free Shipping | The North Face

Be sure to remove the landing legs before carrying H in a standard rucksack.
At the very least you need to brace the legs to keep them apart.
The notches in that bag above are for that purpose.
I broke both metal claws that engage in the servo screw mechanism inside it.
It happened when the legs got squeezed together in a rucksack.
Both gear servos ruined..Expensive mistake.
There is quite a leverage so they are easily broken.
I managed to get my hands on the new compact Yuneec rucksack that comes with the pro.
Its very light on the back but still not overhead bin compatible.

This pack has been designed specifically to carry the H safely and comfortably. Mwelr, you've explained, several times, that you have a background in designing packs. That's great but you're not the only one. In fact, several people were involved in this design from aeronautical engineers to mechanical engineers. The pack is far different than any other pack on the market, and until you use it, you'll not be able to appreciate it's attributes. Costs a little more than other packs but it will also outlast the other packs and is multi-mission capable, and airline friendly. There just is no better pack on the market, today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daemon1
Be sure to remove the landing legs before carrying H in a standard rucksack.
At the very least you need to brace the legs to keep them apart.
The notches in that bag above are for that purpose.
I broke both metal claws that engage in the servo screw mechanism inside it.
It happened when the legs got squeezed together in a rucksack.
Both gear servos ruined..Expensive mistake.
There is quite a leverage so they are easily broken.
I managed to get my hands on the new compact Yuneec rucksack that comes with the pro.
Its very light on the back but still not overhead bin compatible.
Yea, taking the legs off is always a good idea, the two little notches in that pack in my opinion would not suffice in to hold the legs down, with bouncing around on a trail, for this the other end of the legs would need to be scrapped down too, but in any case with this pack there is load on the H in the wrong direction - the H sits in its original foam case supported on the body, and no weight on the legs, this pack is a recipe for disaster, the legs and mechanised joint will be at risk, not only from the fact it is under load, but also that the load is from the wrong axis, this is one of many problems with this pack that put our H's at risk of damage for it. (btw op I am a mechanical eng).

Glad to hear you got a real pack, I got one of the Chinese 40$ ones for the advance H and while like yours it is not cabin friendly my plan is to, while in the aisle whip the foam lid out, reducing the height so it should slip easily into a bin, and just store the lid beside it till the end of the flight.

Yea, taking the legs off is always a good idea, the two little notches in that pack in my opinion would not suffice in to hold the legs down, with bouncing around on a trail, for this the other end of the legs would need to be scrapped down too, but in any case with this pack there is load on the H in the wrong direction - the H sits in its original foam case supported on the body, and no weight on the legs, this pack is a recipe for disaster, the legs and mechanised joint will be at risk, not only from the fact it is under load, but also that the load is from the wrong axis, this is one of many problems with this pack that put our H's at risk of damage for it. (btw op I am a mechanical eng).

Glad to hear you got a real pack, I got one of the Chinese 40$ ones for the advance H and while like yours it is not cabin friendly my plan is to, while in the aisle whip the foam lid out, reducing the height so it should slip easily into a bin, and just store the lid beside it till the end of the flight.
Look, I know you think this pack is crap. But, you're overlooking the design elements that make the pack work so well. I don't sell crap, and I would never put my own H in a position where it would be in danger. The aircraft doesn't move, inside the pack, and it's not under stress. The air chambers keep it from moving and keep it from being stressed. As I keep trying to tell you, this is a pack unlike any other and until you use it you'll never understand it. I've dropped, bumped, kicked mine and there is no damage to anything.

Reactions: Daemon1
Look, I know you think this pack is crap. But, you're overlooking the design elements that make the pack work so well. I don't sell crap, and I would never put my own H in a position where it would be in danger. The aircraft doesn't move, inside the pack, and it's not under stress. The air chambers keep it from moving and keep it from being stressed. As I keep trying to tell you, this is a pack unlike any other and until you use it you'll never understand it. I've dropped, bumped, kicked mine and there is no damage to anything.
I am not saying the pack is crap, I am saying it has no place as you sell it carrying our H and related gear. I am far from overlooking design elements, the opposite, I am looking very carefully with lot's of experience and knowledge, and I am calling out the inappropriateness for this pack for safe carrying of our electronic gear. It may be suitable for other uses, but not for what it is advertised for. I could list dozens of payload concerns, and then some ergonomic ones.
Before you said that you were in the stage of tooling up to build a bag, but what you came out with was an off the shelf pack, with a handcut wedge of foam in it and a few lightweight plastic air bags thrown in, maybe you can just resell these packs in your military freedom store and not suffer any real loss, and save some poor unfortunate newbie who believes your strong pushy advertising "There just is no better pack on the market, today" the trouble of damaging his gear.

Regardless of the criticism Capt., it's clear to all (but the cynics who will criticize anything) that your pack is extremely well designed and engineered for all normal uses for which this pack is designed and intended. I seriously doubt most marathon runners have any desire to take along their H anyway :)

Reactions: Capt. Crunch
I am not saying the pack is crap, I am saying it has no place as you sell it carrying our H and related gear. I am far from overlooking design elements, the opposite, I am looking very carefully with lot's of experience and knowledge, and I am calling out the inappropriateness for this pack for safe carrying of our electronic gear. It may be suitable for other uses, but not for what it is advertised for. I could list dozens of payload concerns, and then some ergonomic ones.
Before you said that you were in the stage of tooling up to build a bag, but what you came out with was an off the shelf pack, with a handcut wedge of foam in it and a few lightweight plastic air bags thrown in, maybe you can just resell these packs in your military freedom store and not suffer any real loss, and save some poor unfortunate newbie who believes your strong pushy advertising "There just is no better pack on the market, today" the trouble of damaging his gear.
You'll never get it, will you. I've always said that this is a tactical pack used by people around the world and that it's been adapted to this specific use. You haven't used it, so you have no way of knowing how good it protects the contents. I have customers who swear by it and say they won't use anything else. I even have a Yuneec sales rep who uses it. I'm not going to keep arguing with you about this. I can't help it if you refuse to move forward to something better.

Regardless of the criticism Capt., it's clear to all (but the cynics who will criticize anything) that your pack is extremely well designed and engineered for all normal uses for which this pack is designed and intended. I seriously doubt most marathon runners have any desire to take along their H anyway :)
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Reactions: clackey
Like one of you guys said if you're traveling slide the foam top out of the backpack for the advance model put it on the side you can even stand it up on edge so you're not taking too much room it will work.

I was actually thinking of when it was on my back or just being carried about - rather than in an aircraft. We have a motorhome - so very rarely use planes - just planning to go off to the South of Spain for the winter. I thought that the Captains bag seemed very appropriate and practical. I can understand both sides of the 'discussion' though! You guys in the 'states' (I am assuming that that is where you are) seem to have access to all the 'Gucci kit' long before us 'poor brits' do! But then again usually by the time we get things over here - the problems have been 'ironed out'! Hopefully!!
Great discussion platform though - keep it up.

I was actually thinking of when it was on my back or just being carried about - rather than in an aircraft. We have a motorhome - so very rarely use planes - just planning to go off to the South of Spain for the winter. I thought that the Captains bag seemed very appropriate and practical. I can understand both sides of the 'discussion' though! You guys in the 'states' (I am assuming that that is where you are) seem to have access to all the 'Gucci kit' long before us 'poor brits' do! But then again usually by the time we get things over here - the problems have been 'ironed out'! Hopefully!!
Great discussion platform though - keep it up.
I can ship to the UK.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22