Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Two Against One, Bad Odds!

DCH

Dr. FrankenPhoon
Reaction score
So I went out to take a flight on this beautiful spring day and set the H Plus out in the middle of the yard to collect satellites, while I made the rest of the preparations. I was all ready with 16 sats and my finger on the Arm button, when I heard that familiar eerie shrieking & churdeling sound, that only a bald eagle makes, ...except it was a double! I strained to see them but couldn't because they were so well hidden in the foliage, but the unmistakable sound was coming from directly above my Plus. I pulled my Lumix out of my pocket to use the zoom as a telescope, and sure enough, there was a pair perched in the tall fir tree right above the Plus.

As I listened to them vocalizing between themselves, I was certain I heard one of them say "Come on, I dare ya, send it up here so we can take it back to the nest for the youngsters to play with!"

Flight scrubbed!

Waiting.JPG Watching.jpg I See You.jpg

Last edited:
I was testing out the modded Breeze Cam app this evening and had a little race with an Osprey. I guess it didn’t like me flying over it’s fishing territory. The good thing about the modded app is that it doubles the horizontal speed of the Breeze from 5m/s to 10m/s so I was able to exit its turf and it backed off.

It did not bother the TH when it went cruising in the same vicinity about 20 minutes later.

The good thing about the modded app is that it doubles the horizontal speed of the Breeze from 5m/s to 10m/s so I was able to exit its turf and it backed off
I don't think 10m/s is going to cut it if he decided he wanted a piece of that Breeze! ...Unless that is you mean 10 miles per second! If that's the case, I need to get me one O them modded Breezes! Just what kind of mod is that Doom? You got a RATO bottle strapped to it?:eek:

I flew today up in the Crowsnest Pass. I was about 3/4 the way through my first battery when my son said.... Is that an Eagle?. Yup, and he is circling my H. Full down throttle and deking left and right. The eagle followed me down to about 15 Metres (48 ft), then flew back up. He could have taken my H down anytime. I could almost see in his eye... What are you, and why are you in my sky? After I unclenched my butt, I checked the sky for him again. He was circling about 300 Metres (1000 ft) off. He circled the area for about another 10 minutes then flew off towards the mountain in the distance. It took me a few more minutes to gain the courage to put the H back up into the air. I flew all 5 of my batteries today, never saw him again. Majestic, beautiful and quite deadly to our Typhoon H's. Not to mention, under the interim order we have, he has right of way. I can be fined $3000 Canadian for sharing the sky with him. Glad to see him... even more glad he just gave me a warning.

I don't think 10m/s is going to cut it if he decided he wanted a piece of that Breeze! ...Unless that is you mean 10 miles per second! If that's the case, I need to get me one O them modded Breezes! Just what kind of mod is that Doom? You got a RATO bottle strapped to it?:eek:

I saw the Osprey start heading for the Breeze while I had it over the pond on the golf course. I headed for the closest shore at full forward pitch which allows 22.5 mph using the modded Breeze Cam app. As soon as the Breeze came onshore 40 to 50 feet the Osprey broke off the pursuit.

I know it could easily take out the Breeze if it had a mind to, but having the speed doubled with the modded app helped get it out of the area faster.

The odd part was that it had no problem with the TH being in the same area just a few minutes later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin