Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H, Mavic Pro and 3DR Solo/GPHero 4 Black Video Comparison

Obviously these were shot at different times of the year but in my opinion the H video is much sharper. I viewed it in 1440p full screen and there is definite blur in the Mavic and the Solo.

No. These shots were done one right after the other, between 4 and 5 pm on Thursday, 2/8/18.
Mavic was first, then the TH, the the Solo

No. These shots were done one right after the other, between 4 and 5 pm on Thursday, 2/8/18.
Mavic was first, then the TH, the the Solo
Really? That's amazing difference. Perhaps the White Balance explains the difference in color.

Really? That's amazing difference. Perhaps the White Balance explains the difference in color.
I used the Sunrise/Sunset white balance on the TH. It provides radically different colors. Had I used Sunny white balance, all 3 videos would have looked very similar.

I used the Sunrise/Sunset white balance on the TH. It provides radically different colors. Had I used Sunny white balance, all 3 videos would have looked very similar.
Okay, yes that makes sense. I have to lock the WB on the H to maintain color integrity. When viewing the differences I was actually more interested in the sharpness of the images. The grassy areas on the Mavic and GoPro are blurry by comparison. I know there is a tech name for it, but I'm a novice at photography.

When viewing the differences I was actually more interested in the sharpness of the images. The grassy areas on the Mavic and GoPro are blurry by comparison. I know there is a tech name for it, but I'm a novice at photography.

The tech term for that is <cough> blurry... the PC term is focus challenged. If you consistently see this you are a blur enabler. If you or a loved one suffers from this, please call the f-Stop Institute, now for your free evaluation... we will handle all the paperwork. CALL NOW! :p

Seriously, the sharpness difference could also be the CGO3 digital sharpness settings, versus any similar settings in the other cameras

Last edited:
At this time of night blurry applies to all pictures. Thanks for the confirmation. I think it's actually desense. :D:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers