Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H on TV’s SWAT

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
On tonight’s (10/2/19) episode of SWAT a Typhoon H and ST-16 was part of the “bad guy” team. The H was used to carry a remotely detonated explosive in a drone/car chase. The flying sequences looked great. No believable to a drone pilot unless they fly FPV, and every H flyer knows an H can’t keep up with a car that’s pedal to the floor, but the public will buy it.

Nice thing; the producers blacked out Yuneec on the ST-16. Bad thing; they weaponized a common consumer drone, adding fuel to the fire.

Not the same series with Steve Forrest and Robert Ulrich from the 1970s?

Reactions: NWSaint
New, modernized version with a similar plot, more violence, and the same subliminal law enforcement message.

6 Million $ Man and Nightrider.

When we stop and consider the plots and screenwriting we have to wonder just how dumb they believe the public to be. As those shows ran more than one season indicates that if the general public was a light bulb it could not light up a small closet.

If we look at much of what is presented today we might determine much of what we see now is designed to promote social conditioning. Most of the stuff carries a subliminal message.

6 Million $ Man and Nightrider.

When we stop and consider the plots and screenwriting we have to wonder just how dumb they believe the public to be. As those shows ran more than one season indicates that if the general public was a light bulb it could not light up a small closet.

If we look at much of what is presented today we might determine much of what we see now is designed to promote social conditioning. Most of the stuff carries a subliminal message.
I've just watched the first episode of 'World On Fire' on BBC iPlayer. It was broadcast on Sunday just gone. Watching the trailers on BBC it looked to be a very good WW2 drama. Something not to be missed, but I missed it...that's why I took the trouble to catch up with it on iPlayer. I now wish I hadn't bothered because now that's yet another hour of my life I'll never get back :(

Reactions: Steve Carr
Look at it another way. You were going to consume that hour regardless of what you were doing. The clock only stops for most people just once, and doesn’t start up again afterwards.

Last edited:
Look at it another way. You were going to consume that hour regardless of what you were doing. The clock only stops for most people just once, and doesn’t start up again afterwards.
So true. But if that was the very last hour of my life I'd have been very disappointed and demanded a re-set of the clock.

They didn't black out Yuneec on the batteries. As said earlier any pilot could see the "hollywood" in the show. It picked up the payload with little change to the prop noise. The speed of the H. The screen on the ST16....ect... I thought it was cool to see it on the show though.

Reactions: Steve Carr
It was fun to watch but unfortunately a very large segment of the population believes that everything they see in movies and on TV is true or has basis in facts. Some actually believe zombies are real... So now we have Hollywood teaching people that consumer drones can fly for miles at freeway speeds through buildings tracking cars while carrying 5-6 pounds of bang that can be remotely detonated at will.

The only drones that do most of that are operated by governments, not hobbyists.

It was fun to watch but unfortunately a very large segment of the population believes that everything they see in movies and on TV is true or has basis in facts. Some actually believe zombies are real... So now we have Hollywood teaching people that consumer drones can fly for miles at freeway speeds through buildings tracking cars while carrying 5-6 pounds of bang that can be remotely detonated at will.

The only drones that do most of that are operated by governments, not hobbyists.
That's all it ever is junk tv, just to keep the masses entertained, it's still a powerful tool though, it can change people's opinion on a whole host of subjects, even elect a President! If your in the media game you'll want the sewer to keep flowing, it's making you rich, the ones who don't fall for it, are branded as oddballs or misfits for not conforming!

Reactions: FlushVision

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex