Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H+ tips over during landing

Z obrázků vidím, že ovladač virtuálního sériového portu STM byl úspěšně nainstalován. Zdá se, že se to děje během instalace GUI.
GUI má pravdu, COM port je správné komunikační rozhraní (ne USB), protože Typhoon H má vestavěný převodník Serial-to-USB.
Číslo COM portu by mělo být automaticky detekováno GUI (zde COM9), ale Windows má svou vlastní hlavu a může náhodně změnit port (nikdo nechápe, co Windows dělá nebo k čemu je dobrý).
Znovu se prosím podívejte do správce zařízení, zda a jaký COM port se objeví, když zapojíte USB kabel do Typhoon H. Mělo by to fungovat s i bez baterie v dronu. Deska MCU bude napájena 5V přes USB. Pokud chcete mít přístup k GPS nebo ESC, musíte dron zapnout.
Pokud port nebude znovu konfigurován pomocí GUI, odpojte a znovu připojte USB kabel.

br HE
Děkuji. Já jsem se díval, Já asi nevím. Ale pokud nebude úspěch, musel bych dát kabel COM do PC. Kabely mám, já myslím, že půjde kabel zapojit nebo ne? Ve Správci programů jsem neviděl to co jste mi poradil. Já asi neumím a nevím.

Thank you. I looked, I guess I don't know. But if there is no success, I would have to put a COM cable into the PC. I have the cables, I think the cable can be plugged in or not? In the Program Manager, I did not see what you advised me to do. I probably can't and I don't know.

Attachments

• Správce zařízení.PNG
    Správce zařízení.PNG
    40.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
It will be under COM ports not the USB ports in Device Manager.

Windows do not present the whole category if no element is available. But it will appear when Typhoon H is connected via USB cable. A COM port have to assigned.
The icon for this category is the following:
Device-Manager.png
We do not know how is called in your language. I was a year in Pardubice and should know but this is long time ago, too long...

The example is a Typhoon H (COM9) and a Q500 USB dongle (assigned to COM10). The other two ports belongs to my PC.

br HE

Windows do not present the whole category if no element is available. But it will appear when Typhoon H is connected via USB cable. A COM port have to assigned.
The icon for this category is the following:
View attachment 29709
We do not know how is called in your language. I was a year in Pardubice and should know but this is long time ago, too long...

The example is a Typhoon H (COM9) and a Q500 USB dongle (assigned to COM10). The other two ports belongs to my PC.

br HE
Je zde možnost soukromé zprávy? Kdyby byl email na h-elsner, mohl bych napsat více. Já jsem z Loun. Na Foru nejde hodně napsat. Nenašel jsem na mém PC ve Správci programů porty COM.

Is there a private message option? If the email was at h-elsner, I could write more. I'm from Loun. There is not much to write on the Forum. I did not find COM ports on my PC in Program Manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can message @h-elsner here on the forum in Conversation. You can click on @h-elsner then select Start Conversation or you can select the envelope icon near the top of the page, select Start New, and type h-elsner as the recipient, then you can correspond without being on the open forum.

To be clear, checking the COM port in device manager is only an easy step for diagnosis to may find out where the problem is. OK, in many cases Windows is the problem. I have tested in Windows 10. Windows 11 is crap (as every second Windows version in the past.

Attached is a short video, showing COM port assignment. It starts with no category for interfaces because there is nothing. That's what you probably see. Then I plug in the USB cable to Typhoon H and Device manager updates itself. Now the interface category is available and I manually explode the view to see what's in. The STM virtual COM port is shown and automatically assigned to COM 5. At the end I remove the cable, the devmgmt updates again and all this stuff disappears. For this test it makes no difference if there is a battery in the drone or not. It should always work in this matter.

br HE

Attachments

• device-manager.mkv.zip
    947.7 KB · Views: 3
Aby bylo jasno, kontrola COM portu ve správci zařízení je pouze snadným krokem pro diagnostiku, která může zjistit, kde je problém. OK, v mnoha případech je problém Windows. Testoval jsem ve Windows 10. Windows 11 je svinstvo (jako každá druhá verze Windows v minulosti.

V příloze je krátké video ukazující přiřazení COM portu. Začíná to bez kategorie rozhraní, protože tam nic není. To je to, co pravděpodobně vidíte. Poté zapojím USB kabel do Typhoon H a Správce zařízení se sám aktualizuje. Nyní je k dispozici kategorie rozhraní a ručně rozložím pohled, abych viděl, co je uvnitř. Zobrazí se virtuální COM port STM a automaticky se přiřadí COM 5. Nakonec odpojím kabel, devmgmt se znovu aktualizuje a všechny tyto věci zmizí. Pro tento test nezáleží na tom, zda je v dronu baterie nebo ne. V této věci by to mělo fungovat vždy.

br HE
Děkuji za zprávu. Odjíždím, ale později napíši. Já se zblázním. Včera jsem zapnul starý PC a spojení bylo v pořádku. Nevím co se stalo. Nevím jestli to byl pátý (5-tý) kabel nebo PC po nastavení. Posílám foto spojení PC+Typhon H.

Thank you for your message. I'm leaving, but I'll write later. I will go crazy. Yesterday I turned on the old PC and the connection was fine. I do not know what happened. I don't know if it was the fifth (5th) cable or the PC after the setup. I am sending a photo of the PC+Typhon H connection.

Attachments

• Kompatibilita v Lenovo.PNG
    Kompatibilita v Lenovo.PNG
    77 KB · Views: 5
  • Motory.PNG
    Motory.PNG
    101.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Height limit.PNG
    Height limit.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 4
  • GEO-fence.PNG
    GEO-fence.PNG