Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uncontrollable Breeze 4K

Reaction score
I was flying my Breeze today and suddenly the (IRS) icon turned orange and it flew off uncontrollably and I lost it in the Chincoteague inter coastal waterway. I have been successfully flying my Breeze for months and never had this issue. I lost total control of the unit. Any advise on why this happened and will Yuneec help with a replacement?
Thank you!

And here I thought I was just lousy at flying this thing! Had that happen too. Today for the first time it suddenly zoomed way way up in the sky. I could fly it forwards but had problems getting it to lower. Then it went very fast forward. Whereas before it was slower than me walking. Darn bipolar Drone!

I'm new at this too, but one of the vloggers on YouTube had posted great tutoring, which had helped me understand most of the features and settings of breeze. His name is Dominick Cidoni, look it up, I hope you'll find what you're looking for there.

I believe the problem is bad handling for when it encounters bad sensor/GPS signal.
Yuneec needs to address this handling OR simply introduce a full manual mode (with optical and infrared sensors and GPS turned off) so the aircraft doesn't behave erratically. Another way is to prioritize manual inputs over sensor/GPS inputs. Manual inputs should ALWAYS override sensor/GPS inputs.

Currently, the aircraft is too dependent on positioning information on the sensors and GPS and I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is one of the biggest reasons why Breeze crashes.

Reactions: robbie2
I just received my drone 3 weeks ago, tonight it wasn't very responsive, then it took off, it climbed to over 100ft, then very fast took off west then moved to the south, then southeast. The last I saw it, the Breeze was 100-150 ft high and going South east over buildings and trees . three of us looked for an hour and nothing to be found. what a bummer

^ Bummer that you lost it, bthomps4. You can try contacting Breeze and show them your flight logs from your smartphone as evidence that your Breeze went rogue and got lost. Warranty might mitigate your loss. Were you using Android or iOS?

Reactions: andrewgcastle
I was connected with IOS. Yuneec hasn't responded from last Thursday evening. A little concerned

I just received my drone 3 weeks ago, tonight it wasn't very responsive, then it took off, it climbed to over 100ft, then very fast took off west then moved to the south, then southeast. The last I saw it, the Breeze was 100-150 ft high and going South east over buildings and trees . three of us looked for an hour and nothing to be found. what a bummer

How that happen? by no reason? Cause I lost my breeze today. I flew it with NO GPS for "indoor" mode, i calibrated it with minimum speed, distances, height... i was on the grass and suddenly it rose up super fast towards the sky and then at maximum height i lost wifi connection and it kept continuing flying away and I lost it. I tried to search for it in the neighborhood, the railroads, the streets, bushes, roofs but I did not see it. It was around 600 meters radio the search or even more.

^ Bummer that you lost it, bthomps4. You can try contacting Breeze and show them your flight logs from your smartphone as evidence that your Breeze went rogue and got lost. Warranty might mitigate your loss. Were you using Android or iOS?

How can you see the logs? I was using iOS and I lost it too.

I was connected with IOS. Yuneec hasn't responded from last Thursday evening. A little concerned
it is now 9 months later and Yuneec says the flight log says it is on the ground, where it started that day. U=Yuneec says there is no flight log at all for my Rogue Drone. So they will not honor my request at all.. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE...... very disappointed.

Which iPhone were you using to fly the Breeze. I ask because my iPhone 5s is not getting a flight log written the entire time it is connected to the Breeze. Something I just discovered today. I am troubleshooting this further and hope to have more information soon.

Do you know if a flight log was created every time you flew the Breeze?

Do you know if a flight log was created every time you flew the Breeze?
Yes I sent the flight log and Yuneec's says it is located in my driveway and never move on that date. So either the connection was never recorded or they are hiding the facts.

By the looks of the board. I am not the only one with this issue

I just made a flight yesterday using my iPhone 5s and the Flight Log stopped recording just as I lifted off. Never lost wifi connection and flew for about 6 minutes total. The flight log naturally shows the Breeze sitting on the ground in my courtyard.

Did you use the controller when you flew the Breeze?

I noticed that using the controller I never get a flight log? there is a log for every time I used pilot mode though or when I turn on the Breeze to test something or transfer pics etc.
not sure if this is something I should be concerned about?

Only if you crash or it flys away. I have had anything even near to that in four months of flying.

seems like a weird software glitch not recording log if controller is connected, hopefully the next update will fix it.
I just bought mine a week or so ago and firmware is up to date, not sure if there is one to be expected anytime soon?

I think it is Breeze Cam that needs the update as the Breeze is sending telemetry back showing distance and altitude while flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss