Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Vertigo Drones CS is top Notch

Reaction score
Just a heads up if anyone is considering buying new parts that Vertigo Drones now sells for the CG03+; Some of these parts are not plug and play and need a special re-calibration software to get to work properly. It is proprietary to Yuneec so if you decide you want to conduct the repairs yourself, you'll end up having to send your CG03 into one of the repair shops for the calibration which will be extra. So save yourselves the headache and dont purchase the parts as I did and just send it in to Yuneec to get it fixed. If I would have known this (not listed on their site) I wouldnt have wasted the money and time...

**UPDATE**
Well, Joe from Vertigo Drones talked me into sending them my CGO3+ free of charge so they could fix it. I am really appreciative after all the issues I have been having with it. It restores my trust in a business's that take it to the next level. Thanks for going the extra mile, even after I gave up...

Last edited:
Just a heads up if anyone is considering buying new parts that Vertigo Drones now sells for the CG03+; Some of these parts are not plug and play and need a special re-calibration software to get to work properly. It is proprietary to Yuneec so if you decide you want to conduct the repairs yourself, you'll end up having to send your CG03 into one of the repair shops for the calibration which will be extra. So save yourselves the headache and dont purchase the parts as I did and just send it in to Yuneec to get it fixed. If I would have known this (not listed on their site) I wouldnt have wasted the money and time...

So they are not flashed properly to talk to the ST?

Yes, Couldn't get the gimbal to talk to the ST16. The software is needed to calibrate and they wont let you have it, so it is worthless to even buy the parts unless you have the software and they wont give it to you.

It's a frikin USB connection and some code. I thought they were going to allow open source options on the CGO line? Seems counterintuitive to their stated goals.

Yep... I am pissed to say the least. Why sell the part if you cant Fix it Yourself... Doesn't make sense. However thanks to another member on here, I got their spare CG03+ at a decent price to replace my current non working one. Might have to sell it for non working parts now or save if I ever need to scavenge from it.

Parts... I assume it's with gimbal? Someday you'll be happy you've got it. I believe there will be 3rd party who will be able to revive it soon.

Yes its the gimbal, however when trying to figure out the issues I damage the control module. So in my haste I now need another $150 part. It might be better to just sell it or save it.

Send it to Yuneec. If it can be repaired my past experience shows them to be fair with the bill.

@Hunter_Michael You're right, we should have indicated that on the product page so people would not feel mislead. It was not our intent to pull a bait and switch on you.

The reason we have these parts listed is because many authorized repair shops throughout the world order from us and understand the need for calibration after installation. We do not release the software because of an agreement with Yuneec and it is incredibly difficult to use.

We will make the corrections to the product pages to indicate what cannot be replaced without the calibration software.

A basic list:
All motors and circuit boards for the CGO gimbals (camera components are plug-and-play) will require a calibration. This is due to variances in manufacturing that the software needs to account for.

We have had luck with the Yaw motor for the CGO3+. Typically if it is replaced, the gimbal is offset in a way that mechanically removing the mounting screws and rotating will face the camera forward. Occasionally it will spin in circles after replacement or offset radially by degree not divisible by 45.

In the mean time please fill out our repair form AT THIS LINK. Throw a link to this thread in the description to ensure you pay exactly zero for the calibration due to the hassle.

Thanks for the offer. But after I contacted you earlier before this post to see if I could get the software and was told to send it on on my dime, In all the frustration I was taking the cap off and one of the plugs on the main board came apart. Im not inclined to spend anymore on it. If you would have offered that to me at the beggining I wouldnt have dove into it again and had the mishap.

Well, Joe from Vertigo Drones talked me into sending them my CGO3+ free of charge so they could fix it. I am really appreciative after all the issues I have been having with it. It restores my trust in a business's that take it to the next level. Thanks for going the extra mile, even after I gave up...

Great to hear it. And good for VD too. All's well that ends well:)

Reactions: Jester and zandoli
Just wanted to say Thank You to Vertigo Drones. VD held to their promise to fix my CGO3+ at no cost within a week. Just received it back this afternoon. I havent had a chance to fly it yet but did a quick gimball test indoor and everything looked great. As everyone knows I was a little frustrated with trying to fix it and then finding out later I needed a special calibration software to make it work correctly and not knowing this, I attempted to see if I might have installed my parts incorrectly and caused some other issues. I didnt know what to do. I came here to vent and then Joe stepped in from VD to help. I cant say enough thanks! If you need any help with your Typhoon H or CGO3+ I wouldn't hesitate to send it to them. They definatley will make it right. Ive changed the title to "Vertigo Drones CS is Top Notch!"

Last edited:
Good to hear and thanks for sharing how this turned around for you. I know my dealings with Vertigo Drones have always been excellent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig