Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Very good experience I need to share

Reaction score
I was flying the Typhoon yesterday and when I returned the Copter for landing I noticed that it was not 100% stable anymore and drifted to the left or right to find its position. I lowered the Typhoon for hand catching and then I got my first "compass failure" warnings. But nothing happend... The Typhoon flew still quite stable and I was able to hand-catch it.

For the second flight I've re-calibrated the compass and had a perfect flight with the drone.

I am flying the latest firmware and wondering (happy might be the better word) that the copter didn't flew away, crashed or all together.

Maybe the firmware was improved in this direction and compass errors don't lead to deep trouble anymore.

Cheers

Tiburon

Did you move the H during the boot up sequence? If so the problem started there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, no the typhoon was not touched during boot up.

Maybe the drone needs a recalibration from time to time

Cheers

Thank you, no the typhoon was not touched during boot up.

Maybe the drone needs a recalibration from time to time

Cheers
Mine did the same thing. Found copper pipes where 1 foot under ground. Moved away from them and I had no more problem

I only recal the compass and acellerometers when updating firmware or after traveling a long distance away from the last calibration location. There's been no issues with called calibrating mine since obtaining it in May. It may be you are being to slow in the calibration process and not completing it before it times out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Subtle Shots
Ive never had any alerts on the handset but when I viewed the telemetry files on the App I downloaded to the ST16 yesterday in the files it shows compass errors but the flight was ordinary and no issues. Going to recalibrate on the next outing in case.

Hmmm... mine's been acting funny in the Smart mode. It wants to dart around short distances, say a foot or so. Like it's trying to correct. Doesn't do it in angle mode. I guess I should try doing a compass calibration. It went back to Yuneec for repairs after a crash and has been doing that since. How do I know if it has the latest firmware?

Hmmm... mine's been acting funny in the Smart mode. It wants to dart around short distances, say a foot or so. Like it's trying to correct. Doesn't do it in angle mode. I guess I should try doing a compass calibration. It went back to Yuneec for repairs after a crash and has been doing that since. How do I know if it has the latest firmware?

On the ST16... System Settings - About Controller. It's the same location that you go to,
to do a firmware update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss