Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video playback

Reaction score
I am having trouble playing back video from my SIM card. It freezes and has green screens off and on. I think it is my computer, but not sure. Is there a way that u can dumb down the video that the H records in. Thx. I don't want to upgrade the video card on my PC yet...

It is likely a combination of the computer speed, amount of ram and the video card. I had the same problem. The workaround I found was to use this video player and I haven't had an issue since.
Downloads · MPC-HC Be sure to download the correct version, either 32 bit or 64 bit.

Other have suggested VLC player and it does work, but it takes much longer to load a video than this player on my computer.

Reactions: OzCougar
If you do not have HD playback capability you will have problems playing 1080 and up video. 4K videos will be extremely difficult to run. You can record at the lowest level the H will record but it sounds like you have a level res computer of 720 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is likely a combination of the computer speed, amount of ram and the video card. I had the same problem. The workaround I found was to use this video player and I haven't had an issue since.
Downloads · MPC-HC Be sure to download the correct version, either 32 bit or 64 bit.

Other have suggested VLC player and it does work, but it takes much longer to load a video than this player on my computer.

Definitely have to agree with Steve's comments and recommendation. I was using VLC as my "standard" video player until I bought my H and was having issues playing back the 4K videos I had taken. Downloaded the MPC-HC software .... and I haven't looked back since ;).

Cheers :cool:

Reactions: Steve Carr
It worked for me, I guess playing 4K video on a computer that doesn't support 4K will screw up the playback too. After installing this software the playback was awesome, even though the computer wasn't 4K capable. Remember to use the highest speed rated SIM card as well.

Or you could download this free MP4 converter:

Free MP4 Video Converter- Best MP4 Converter for Windows - DVDVideoSoft

Once installed you can use the converter to make a downsized version of your 4K files that your current setup can handle.
Keep your original files archived, so you will have that full resolution version available when you get 4K capability in the future.

Reactions: AZSteveB
Are you recording in 4K? If so, older PCs will struggle.

Playing back directly from the SIM can also have problems, particularly with older card readers. Copy the files to your PCs hard drive first.

Generally, recording in 1080p, 30fps should be 'easy enough' for most PCs and still gives pretty good quality.

Thx for all the replies. It could be my monitor that is struggling with the playback. It's older and cheap. I will also try MPC-HC.
If that doesn't work, how to I lower the resolution of the video? Setting on the st-16.

Thx

You can do that on the ST16, but if you do so, that is the maximum resolution you will have on that video file. You can
never increase resolution after shooting, only decrease it. That is why it is a good idea to keep the camera resolution at 4K
and downsize the resulting file after you get home from your shoot with the converter program. Also know that if you have
your CGO3 camera set to 1080P settings for video, any photos you take will not be a full 12MP in resolution. So if that is
a factor, you will have to switch the video resolution back to 4K in video mode, before changing to photo mode to take stills.

One last question. I see there are a lot of options on video resolution I can choos from on the st16. Which one should
I select....

Thx

I would recommend a video setting of 3840x2160F30 which will give you full 4K at 30 frames per second. The converter program
I mentioned above, can resize that down to a full HD size of 1920x1080 version, so your computer can better handle the video file
both for playback and editing. When using this video setting, it will also allow you to capture full 12 MP photos, when switching
to photo mode.

A full listing of the available video sizes can be found in this thread here:

Chart of CGO3+ Files Sizes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loansjagat