Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

W T H. My Drone attempted suicide.

Ott

Reaction score
Decided to try follow me mode again yesterday with very bad consequences. As soon as I executed the take off command the breeze took off as if it were under full throttle and full yaw and began orbiting me at verry high speed and broadening orbits. On the 3rd orbit it slammed into the side of my garrarge. Unbelievably only one broken prop guard and two damaged props. What caused this?

You experienced what is known as the Toilet Bowl Effect or TBE. It is a known phenomenon with many GPS/compass stabilized multirotor aircraft. The compass gets confused and sends bad data to the flight control system and the craft flies full throttle in an ever expanding spiral until it crashes, runs out of power, or control is regained by the pilot by disabling GPS and flying manually. The last option is pretty much impossible with the Breeze as there is no physical switch to disable the GPS.

One thing that helps prevent the compass from getting confused is to calibrate it while facing local magnetic north with the Breeze camera facing you.

If I were in your shoes I would contact Yuneec Customer Support and report this.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus