Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What happened to "we'll call you back"?

Reaction score
Tech Support, as late as 2 weeks ago, took your phone number and agreed to return the call rather than hold you on line waiting. They didn't. Now, no offer to return the call, just a recording that repeats every two minutes saying "you're estimated wait time is SIXTY-EIGHT MINUTES", then decrements every couple of minutes. It starts at 68 minutes every time they're called IMHO. Sad state of affairs.

Tech Support, as late as 2 weeks ago, took your phone number and agreed to return the call rather than hold you on line waiting. They didn't. Now, no offer to return the call, just a recording that repeats every two minutes saying "you're estimated wait time is SIXTY-EIGHT MINUTES", then decrements every couple of minutes. It starts at 68 minutes every time they're called IMHO. Sad state of affairs.

There seems to be a limited number of "callback" slots, and once those fill up you do not get that option.
The key is calling early in the day, to either get a reasonable hold time in the queue, or the callback option.
Also Mondays are the busiest with calls, so tomorrow AM may be a better option for you. CS opens at 8 AM PT

Last edited:
I read about these tech support horror stories and know they are true, but they are not my experience. I've used Yuneec tech support 3 times in 2017 and have been taken care of promptly each time. When I had a motor go bad, they sent me one under warranty for me to install. One call. When I needed the NFZ delete, I submitted the waiver by email and made one call. The request was approved while I was on the phone and firmware arrived within 30 minutes.

My most recent case was last week. I found on Saturday before last that my CGOET had a signal issue. I opened a ticket by email on Sunday and got a case# that day. I called Yuneec on Tuesday about 1:00 EDT. The hold was 42 minutes, so I did the callback thing. In about 10 minutes I got a call back from Andrew. While on the phone he watched a video I attached to my support ticket. He said he was going to cross-ship me a brand new CGOET and while on the phone sent me a UPS label to ship mine back. The next day, 24 hours, the new CGOET was shipped and is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I know from some of what I read, this may not be some others experience. I don't know how Yuneec could have done a better job of handling my support this past week and in the past.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
Simply email them guys, every time I've had a question I've emailed them and get an answer back the same day or the next.

It's funny how things vary from one experience to another. I have had a hard time with email response from Yuneec and much better luck with phone. I always initiate the support with an email to get a ticket open and number assigned, but then followup with phone. Once when I sent 4 emails to no response, I called Steve(?) and he saw my emails and said he didn't know why no one responded. He told me to always call for faster response. So, that's what I've done since.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I also have had better response on the phone, rather than email, once I have a case number generated.

Reactions: htperry
Got the brand new warranty replacement CGOET today. One week from call to delivery, from Kali to NC. I'm still happy with Yuneec support.

Last edited:
Got the brand new warranty replacement CGOET today. One week from call to delivery, from Kali to NC. I'm still happy with Yuneec support.

What part of NC?

My first experience with support was outstanding.. I bought my H very gently used from a forum member and had zero issues with it for the first couple of months. Then the gimbal board died, they replaced it at no charge. I had to pay for shipping there.
The second time was an absolute joke, I had a question about something (I forget exactly what now), but I asked the "tech" on the phone what the wires coming from the body were, he told me he did not know, but I should not monkey with them!
Once I got someone competent on the phone, I told him what I had been told and he apologized profusely and informed me those were the antennas.

The last time, my ST16 just died, for no good reason. I powered it off to charge the battery (which was at least 25% capacity) and it would not power on, at all.
The motherboard had died.
I found a new model of the ST16 on eBay for $299.95 and promptly bought it, while I was waiting on the estimate to repair the original. UR Technologies (The Yuneec authorized repair center nearest me) told me the price would be almost $300 to repair it.

Carolina Dronz will be getting all of my repair business, IF I need it.

I can say with no hesitation, that if Carolina Dronz was an authorized Yuneec warranty service center,
I would have had it repaired there... any out of warranty repair service I need in the future will be sent
directly to Frank. I've had great service from Carolina Dronz. :)

I bought my second H from Carolina and instantly voided the warranty by having them install a PixAero lens and 2.4 mHz dipole antenna kit. With the exception of the antenna mounts loosening up after 90 flights it's worked out well. Fixing the antenna mounts was easy and got a little green Loctite to assure they didn't loosen again.

A little info for those that install or have installed a PixAero or Peau lens. The stock lens is glued in, the after market lenses get a few layers of Teflon tape wrapped around the threads to keep them fixed. That is not a secure fit. Cleaning the new lens can cause the lens to turn and blow the focus. I suggest those using after market lenses use some hot melt glue to lock the lens in position. Do it before it starts to turn in the mount.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook