Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What I've learned

Reaction score
This will be a two part one being how much i like the breeze. And what else can i do with it. This drone is quite capable. Reliable. And higher quality than most anything you can get for $150. There are some factors ive found using various devices. All android. And all samsung. Processor speed of the device counts. Also different phones have different ranges on the 5ghz network. I've been able to fly 211ft straight up with little video lag and almost no loss of control. Or connection. Using a galaxy J7 where I could only go 80ft using a J3. And almost every bit of problems on a galaxy tab A that's 4yrs old. But now after flying and really figuring this hardware out. As well as deconstructing the app using software. I'm very interested in modifications. Like upgraded motors. For better efficiency and prop variability. Not for speed but to make it more quiet. And stable. And eventually study the drones firmware and see what variables can be changed. All to bring better performance as well. Without over exhausting the system. This may take some time. But it seems with the breeze being phased out for newer things. We will have only a while before keeping this drone out of retirement will rely on modifications. New parts. Maybe even replace the whole flight system. I'll post anything I come up with.

I'm 100% with you on this post as I have had a few quirks and ironed them out but over all this little drone packs a whole lot for the price. I am pushing it's limits daily as I get more and more familiar with it. Have made a few minor adjustments to it like putting on high intensity lights. Put some blue and red ones on them for flying at dusk before the sun goes down :p

Last edited:
Calmblin,

Welcome to the YuneecPilots community!

We are a group that shares our knowledge of the hobby/business and welcome pilots of all skill levels and backgrounds. Please read the Community Rules found at the bottom of the webpage, and make use of the Forum Search (it is restricted to this forum) for any question you have before posting. Chances are that the answer is waiting for your question. That being said, please join in and share your experiences with the community.

We appreciate when new members make use of the Introduction area of the forum to tell us a little about themselves and their interests in multirotor aircraft.

It will be interesting to see what you come up with for improving the Breeze.

I don't want to put a damper on your activity to modifications as I have done similar with many things in my life, or at least tried. Here's what I have learned thru years of trial and error and actual design work. 1) Manufacturers work hard to tweak things for best performance. They look at overall stability, longevity, design criteria, component cost and the like to come up with the best price / performance design. 2) Propellers are pitched and diameters changed for the best overall performance - given a wide variety of environmental differences. 3) Systems are set up with a little 'guard band' to allow for different conditions; wind, heat, altitude, … and based on the above, while tweaking some things may help somewhat, you are not going to dramatically improve performance. You will learn a lot in your quest to make things better, but proceed slowly. Measure currents, ESC parameters, battery discharge rates over time, and the like. It will be a fun experiment for you, and be timely, but have realistic results in mind. The motors are brushless and a certain KV rating - sure, you can change that somewhat easily, but the manufacturer has, more then likely, already tried different motors and has access to motor designs before they even hit the market - selecting the best fit for parameters like drone weight, flight time, battery capacity, ESC ratings, RPM and the like.

What's the goal? Longer flight time? Better GPS accuracy, you mentioned lower noise levels - which is great, but this equates to prop noise and there are many prop designs around with different pitches, curved tips, different diameters, but watch the current as the ESC's will blow quickly if you pull too much current. I'd run a 30% buffer here at least.

Good luck.

Yes Scott. I completely agree with you. There isn't much I can do as far as the motors are concerned. And there isn't much to "tweak" asides from props. And even then that's going to be a hard find. Maybe a prop with similar weight in total but maybe more surface area and same pitch. That could bring at least better battery life. The breeze tend to favor it's control over its position. So if the motors could spin less while maintaining the same height I would assume the flight time would increase.. although. Finding more surface area with same if not less weight, (difficult Not impossible.) the motors wouldn't have to fight to spin and be less likely to burn a motor. Also. If you switched to the same kv motor with a different prop mount you'd be left with more options overall. Also I'll have to find where to post this I haven't read it in the forum yet. But don't touch controls on liftoff. Idk why but my thumb tapped the screen mid lift and the whole breeze fishbowled right into the house. No damage. But didn't expect that.

Also I'll have to find where to post this I haven't read it in the forum yet. But don't touch controls on liftoff. Idk why but my thumb tapped the screen mid lift and the whole breeze fishbowled right into the house. No damage. But didn't expect that.

That is interesting. That could explain some of the flyaways/TBE’s that have been reported here on the forum.

Did your thumb stay on the screen while this occurred, or was it there briefly during liftoff causing the Breeze to react that way?

As far as where to post that info I would say as an informational post in the Breeze Help section.

I don’t think do (IMO) ... “Maybe a prop with similar weight in total but maybe more surface area and same pitch. That could bring at least better battery life.“

I think you need to look at the motor load- how much current the motors pull at some given RPM (hover?). More surface area (on prop) might equate to lower RPM (a bit quieter) but higher current. The higher current would mean a lower flight time but I’m sure there are two curves that intersect (rpm vs current) where an optimum is shown at the intersection. Way over my pay grade!

Have fun experimenting!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus