Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What will Yuneec announce at CES?

I know what I would like to see them announce but I don't have any real knowledge on the topic so I'll wait for those slightly more in-the-know to respond. :)

They're going to announce a new camera series for professionals but it won't be compatible with any current models. Release date hasn't been determined because they have been unable to test the new product line. Rumors are claiming these will work with Walkera Voyager 5.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Things are not looking good for the 480 ET...

That mention of Walkera was not a good sign. The part about not ready to release yet has been an unannounced standard for the past two years though, so things are looking up if they are finally stating it[emoji6]

I hope that it is Data Pilot for the H ,or something similar. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Hi Tuna, while you are there ,have you had enough time to put into grid systems for the uavtool box yet. If you haven't been able to is there a possibility in the not too distant future.
Johnno Hennessy.

I was attempting to mind meld with the Yuneec spokesman when I posted that. In so doing I discovered there is no such person. I actually connected with the janitor who happened to know more than the staff. He is well informed by way of notes tossed in the trash. An excellent source for getting an inside look at the inept planning and botched product updates.

Well done Steve, you managed to contact someone outside of the service department[emoji4]

Last edited:
now if they announce the new cameras and if they are only usable for walkera. i hope it for the ql1200 hybrid that was released from them. If yuneec does not get there act together for the h520 then i now seriously looking at 7000.00 ql1200 that's gas electric with max range and max air time that puts not only dji to shame but yuneec as well.

now if they announce the new cameras and if they are only usable for walkera. i hope it for the ql1200 hybrid that was released from them. If yuneec does not get there act together for the h520 then i now seriously looking at 7000.00 ql1200 that's gas electric with max range and max air time that puts not only dji to shame but yuneec as well.

As Yuneec has demonstrated abandonment of each preceding platform and has woefully fallen behind in 520 development, how could anyone in their right mind continue to give them more money for other products that will follow the same path as all the others? For the past three years every new product has been 4-6 months delayed from the initial release date, had unfinished software, feature defects, zero corporate communication updates, and a 12 month or less life cycle. They don’t even bother to advertise their products, leaving all of that up to the demo pilots. Add to that no company reps in brand forums and minimal participation on their own Facebook page. Even their product registration web page has remained broken for two years. That does nothing to build customer confidence. Unless Yuneec presents a 100% about face at CES, and demonstrates massive support for their existing customer base, they’re done and only looking to dispose of remaining inventory.

Sorry, but that’s what everything they’ve been doing this past year suggests. It follows the same path other corporations have taken before closing doors. Go Pro is doing the same thing. The odds of that support happening are virtually nil as they’ve terminated all the staff needed to administer such a program.

Last edited:
well that may explain why i had to get a new h520 to have the spare parts needed for repairs I had to do on the first h520. because I can not get the parts ordered in the usa to fix the minor mishap I had that was my error.

I don't understand it. Why would Yuneec rent such a big spot on CES if they are not going to present any new product release or even worse - disband the company at some point? It is very irritating, as most of you guys said, that Yuneec presents very bad behaviour in the subject of keeping customers informed and caring about customers that have already been "claimed".

Did anyone attend the Yuneec booth at the CES? If so what does Yuneec staff say about Yuneec's future, software updates for older platforms (such as H480 and H920), and new releases? Someone said on this forum, that Yuneec is going to announce something big in the first days of January, what about that?

I don't understand it. Why would Yuneec rent such a big spot on CES if they are not going to present any new product release or even worse - disband the company at some point? It is very irritating, as most of you guys said, that Yuneec presents very bad behaviour in the subject of keeping customers informed and caring about customers that have already been "claimed".

Did anyone attend the Yuneec booth at the CES? If so what does Yuneec staff say about Yuneec's future, software updates for older platforms (such as H480 and H920), and new releases? Someone said on this forum, that Yuneec is going to announce something big in the first days of January, what about that?

Just as you post this I am on the CES App and under the Drones list of Exhibitors I cannot find Yuneec, or DJI of that matter.

I am pretty sure they are on CES, I have checked some time ago that they had a pretty big booth, almost as big as DJI's.

EDIT: I have found the link to the floor plan, search for yuneec here:

CES 2018 Floor Plan

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manalitourpackage