Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

When does the 'Beta Test' end? Buy now or wait poll

Is the Typhoon H ready for prime time? Should new owners buy now or wait a few months?

• Buy Now - Its perfect

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • Wait a few months - Still kinks to be ironed out

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
I work in Warrendale but live north towards Erie about an hour.
Let's go Pens!!!!

Small world sometimes. i:)i

Another Hometown fellow!! or a "Fellow Yinzer" :D

REALLY small world. i:)i

Do you know of any good places to fly or clubs? I signed up for meetup's Drone Masters but no activity so far. Just looking for some guys to maybe meet with and fly etc... PM me if you do.

Sorry for the subject change, we will now get back to your regularly scheduled program. i:)i

Last edited:
Reactions: DroneClone
So just an update...

After a mix up with Yuneec delivering a damaged in transit Typhoon to Wheelspin models, I got my replacement Typhoon on Tuesday and took it for its maiden flight last night. Very easy to fly (famous last words) and so far really pleased but still lots to learn and play with.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for their knowledge.

It is
Ask anyone who bought a 2003 6.0 ltr Ford Powerstroke pickup what a "Bata Tester" is. That is the definition of using the general public to test a product.

The H is what is what I would call typical growing pains for something so complex.
It is, what it is ! For sure not a first drone for newbs to start out with and learn with ( not saying you are) ! In my imagination ! Buy very good so far with no issue, just learning all the pan/tilt and camera adjustments!

Ask anyone who bought a 2003 6.0 ltr Ford Powerstroke pickup what a "Bata Tester" is. That is the definition of using the general public to test a product.

The H is what is what I would call typical growing pains for something so complex.
Well, the 2005 Ford diesel was very bad too.

Well, the 2005 Ford diesel was very bad too.
Yeah, they did not learn the second time. Only took 10 years to figure out what works.

With as many features that are on the Typhoon, there is just no way a company their size could possibly test repeatedly all the different combinations of functions, in the variable environmental conditions that these are being subjected to.

In this day and age of social media, I'd say that the number of problem children "H"s that are out there, vs. the number that they have sold is a very small percentage. All we really ever hear about are the "Bad" ones. Not so much the "Zero problems, works as advertised" ones.

The percentages look worse than that, out of 30 of the original members of the H, forum at least 50% have had a major issue or crash ! Not too good !

Your poll is set up like a politicians.
Is the H perfect? No it's not. Would I wait? **** no! It flies great and takes awesome video and the wizard makes it really versatile
If you are a "owner" you have already bought it ! You should rephrase " After buying and flying, do you recommend to prospective buyers" To BUY Now, or Wait !

There are issues with the Typhoon H (hardware and software). Some of those issues are fixed, or will be fixed. Other issues will always be there based on how drones are manufactured (problems happen).

As a DJI user I can say that DJI still has issues that have been around for years. No drone is 100% perfect. Just like buying a car, you may have to get items replaced/repaired during the warranty period.

Reactions: DroneClone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital