Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

You never know who you'll find in the skies!

DoomMeister

Moderator/Tech Junkie
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just a quick video from a meet and greet recently. It's always nice to meet other pilots and fly together. Hope to have a composite video from both aircraft soon.

Good, look forward to see more and more excellent videos from you!

let me tell you of a flight a few years ago with my first Q500 4K that i have flown for years . i was at the field where i fly at and when i was up about 150' to 200' when a friend said let me take a picture of your drone with my drone , flying up in the air with his drone . when he got up to my drone and trying to find my Q and looking at his 3x5 phone ( he was flying a DJI P-3 ) looking for my Q he got too close and clipped one of my props and down came my Q 500 , when my Q hit the earth from the 150' to 200' i played pick up the pieces . from then on i won't let any one fly anywhere near any one of my drones . and i did repair and buy a new air frame and my first Q is back flying again the camera works but will not focus up and down .
moral of this story don't let your bird fly near another bird .
fly safe

Good grief......you captured the mating dance of the ancient Typhoon Bird (Tyhexasaurus).
How fun to watch! Too bad you didn't stick around a little longer to capture the rarely witnessed copter copulation!

I have a shot that was taken of two performing the act in captivity on the ground, but it would be spectacular to see a pair of Tyhexasaurus perform the act in the air out in the wild!o_O

ScreenHunter_6267 Feb. 06 20.38.jpg

Reactions: JackMTaco
moral of this story don't let your bird fly near another bird .
fly safe
Moral of the story is fly responsibly.
The lessons are don't fly with a 3X5 phone as your reference when around other aircraft, ...and don't try this at 150'~200' where you don't have good a visual, ....and most importantly don't fly a DJI!:rolleyes:

How fun to watch! Too bad you didn't stick around a little longer to capture the rarely witnessed copter copulation!

I have a shot that was taken of two performing the act in captivity on the ground, but it would be spectacular to see a pair of Tyhexasaurus perform the act in the air out in the wild!o_O

View attachment 14315

Two H’s mating will not make a H+ No matter how much they try. :confused:

Our closest approach was 8 feet and we were only 60 feet up. We both had very good line of sight and a VO. I was in a stable hover for most of the video, only using rudder and gimbal for movement.

For any type of formation flying using Cruise control would have to be a must to keep the craft at like speeds with a lateral separation and use the gimbal to keep them in frame.

Reactions: Steve Carr and DCH
Two H’s mating will not make a H+ No matter how much they try. :confused:
Wrong! I have the living proof! The spawn of their torrid affair is the redheaded stepchild of my collection! Don't let the carrot top fool you, it's a Plus. He's still young yet, they take on the dark silver gray coat as they mature!

ScreenHunter_6114 Jan. 05 03.24.jpg

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I suspect a mutation......or perhaps a clandestine meeting with a Fivetwentysaurus.

Is that FrankenPhoon or did he get a fancy set of duds for his Plus?

BTW, I took the Plus for a spin. It is a sweet flier and the rudder response is very smooth. A real joy to fly! @Eagle's Eye Video , your wait will be worth it.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I sense one @Steve Carr is feeling lonely up in the north snows. Or is it just me?

Maybe we’ll have to see how the northern species co-mingle and see if they behave. Perhaps when all this white stuff turns to green and DM is back where he really belongs. Maybe see if we can coax mr. Boo out of Madtown again.

Know any place up near the south shore where several “birds of a feather” might congregate and have room to fly, Mr. Steve?

Jeff

Reactions: Steve Carr
Just a quick video from a meet and greet recently. It's always nice to meet other pilots and fly together. Hope to have a composite video from both aircraft soon.

I'm not sure that I have knowingly seen any H Pro/CGO3+ footage before and I'm impressed by the smooth yaw. Probably smoother than the H Plus…or is that not true?

Which one? I almost put mine in a Cypress tree a week ago.

I’m hoping to do a series of lighthouses along Lake Huron when I get to Michigan for the summer. Take the wife and make day/weekend trips.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I'm not sure that I have knowingly seen any H Pro/CGO3+ footage before and I'm impressed by the smooth yaw. Probably smoother than the H Plus…or is that not true?

Thanks Yukay! That was actually faster than I like to yaw, but the situation was to pickup the other TH quickly without a vertigo inducing yaw.

Flying both the TH and TH+ one after the other that day, I think the Plus is the winner in that category. I did not take video with the Plus, but it’s response to the controls (especially yaw) leads me to say it would be much better than the TH.

Reactions: DCH
Flying both the TH and TH+ one after the other that day, I think the Plus is the winner in that category. I did not take video with the Plus, but it’s response to the controls (especially yaw) leads me to say it would be much better than the TH.
I have never flown either of them so I'm only going by YT videos I've seen of the H Plus. But maybe I'm comparing 30fps with 60fps video which is a bigger ask.

Captured video mating dance of the male Tyhexasaurus is in process. (from his perspective).:p
I don't think she was to impressed with my dance, I should have wiggled my body a bit more?:oops:

Last edited:
Good grief......you captured the mating dance of the ancient Typhoon Bird (Tyhexasaurus).
I have put together both videos of the two ancient Typhoon Birds called "Mating Ritual of the Tyhexasaurus".:p
It will be posted later this evening, and unfortunately it's a boring 3 minutes short!:eek:
Listen for the 3 mating calls!o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frida Gold