Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Rules!

Reaction score
Based on the advice of Steve Carr after my crash, I submitted a case with Yuneec.

I scheduled a call today and spoke with a really helpful tech. They are sending me an RMA and the bird will be repaired under warranty at no cost!!

I need to pack up the Typhoon, ST16, and camera for the trip back to Yuneec and they say it'll be about 5-10 days to fix things up (no worries if it's longer, it's freezing already in Boston).

I supported Yuneec with my wallet because so many owners said their customer support was excellent -- I can attest to that!

-C

Well, we'll see. I just sent the flight log files so I guess they could still deny me. Fingers crossed!

The're pretty good about repairing their products. Very faithful. I've asked for new parts and have sent them my drone in awhile ago and got it back within a month. I had sent in my camera to be fixed as well. two weeks tops.

Reactions: h1pst3r88
Some of the “OG’s” here and in other forums have witnessed Yuneec replace products for free many times over. In fact, we’ve seen product replaced or repaired for free even when telemetry or the owners post information clearly indicate an issue was pure user error. It doesn’t always end so favorably but it has happened so often I find it very hard to find significant fault in Yuneec’s C.S. policies.

It’s most always best to let Yuneec review telemetry before going into a lot of detail. If Yuneec needs to know more about a users physical actions with a product issue they’ll ask. Often what we might say can confuse the person on the other end. That happens sort of often, usually with those new to drones as they may not yet “speak the language”.

OTOH, those with lots of experience that are tech savvy are most helpful when relating an incident experience with a new product release or after a successful but buggy firmware upgrade. What they relate can be useful for “across the board” problem resolution. Sort of like being a beta tester where copious performance notes are recorded and passed back to a manufacturer.

I just got the approval and UPS shipping label for the trip back to Yuneec for a full repair under warranty. THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Couldn't be more impressed with Yuneec support!

-Chris

Reactions: AJan and Mr. I
I just got the approval and UPS shipping label for the trip back to Yuneec for a full repair under warranty. THIS. IS. AWESOME.

Couldn't be more impressed with Yuneec support!

-Chris

keep us posted we all want to see your drone repaired under their warranty let us know please thanks

Quick update on the warranty repair episode:

1.The Typhoon was shipped back to Yuneec last week and arrived at its destination the next day. That means they paid for UPS next day in order to expedite the repair/return service. Thumbs up.

2. I got an email today informing me that the H had arrived at their service center and had been checked in. Thumbs up.

3. After work today, I got a call from Yuneec and a very nice person let me know that they wanted to confirm my critical information like my address and my contact info. They also wanted to confirm the contents that they received and let me know that everything arrived without any shipping damage. Big thumbs up.

4. They explained that the tech would be looking at it in the next couple of days and making the the necessary repairs, test it, and then get it back to me within a few days. Thumbs up.

5. Finally, they confirmed that this was all covered under warranty and that there would be no charges to me at all, including return shipping. Huge thumbs up!

I was completely blown away by that level of customer service. I was given a phone number and a repair number in case I wanted to call with any questions.

If I could buy a car from Yuneec I would. This is terrific service!! As it is, I am probably saving up slowly for a H Plus :p

Last edited:
Quick update on the warranty repair episode:

1.The Typhoon was shipped back to Yuneec last week and arrived at its destination the next day. That means they paid for UPS next day in order to expedite the repair/return service. Thumbs up.

2. I got an email today informing me that the H had arrived at their service center and had been checked in. Thumbs up.

3. After work today, I got a call from Yuneec and a very nice person let me know that they wanted to confirm my critical information like my address and my contact info. They also wanted to confirm the contents that they received and let me know that everything arrived without any shipping damage. Big thumbs up.

4. They explained that the tech would be looking at it in the next couple of days and making the the necessary repairs, test it, and then get it back to me within a few days. Thumbs up.

5. Finally, they confirmed that this was all covered under warranty and that there would be no charges to me at all, including return shipping. Huge thumbs up!

I was completely blown away by that level of customer service. I was given a phone number and a repair number in case I wanted to call with any questions.

If I could buy a car from Yuneec I would. This is terrific service!! As it is, I am probably saving up slowly for a H Plus :p

Let us know when you get it back up in the air.
I am excited for you

Keith Kuhn

Thanks, Keith.

Big props (pardon the pun) to Steve Carr who implored me to contact Yuneec support when I was so bummed I just wanted to sell everything.

Thanks for talking me off the edge with sage advice, Steve!

New update: we'll call it "Episode 2"

I got an email update from United Radio, Inc who are based in Syracuse (where the H was sent) that said my repair needed some parts ordered in order to complete the service.

There was a link where I could login to see the parts and get an update. I logged in with the repair number that Yuneec had given me over the phone when they called to confirm my info.

When I logged in there was only one part that was ordered: 1 x Drone. Hmm, am I just getting a new H? Here's the pic:

United Radio.PNG

Stay tuned!

Well this story that started with such enthusiasm has turned pretty sour. It has been nearly 60 days since Yuneec Customer Service received my Typhoon H. It was more than a month waiting on a part from Yuneec and now yet another part (control board) is waiting for arrival.

It seems ridiculous that the repair group in Syracuse couldn't have just ordered all the necessary parts at once. Basically, it's been radio silence, incredibly slow parts delivery for repair, and no end in sight.

Way to go Yuneec. At least it's winter in Boston -- if this had been months and months of delays during flying weather, I would be out of my mind and likely flying a DJI at this point.

I have been wanting to check in with you about this case.

I was out flying with a friend November 3rd when my TH480 stopped responding to the controller as I was bringing it back in to change batteries.
All of a sudden I noticed it coming down... FAST! The motors were still turning, and I still had camera signal, but no matter what I did, it wouldn't respond to the sticks.
The battery voltage had JUST changed from 14.7 to 14.6 volts, and I was about 30 yards from where I needed to be to land when it happened.
It hit the ground... HARD, breaking 3 motor arms, the camera came off, (thankfully it was unharmed when it hit the grass) one of the landing struts was in splinters, and the retract was not working any more.

I decided to send it into Yuneec, even though I had bought it used (which I mentioned to them when I spoke to them on the phone). I told them that I could repair the physical damage to the drone myself, but wanted to be sure that this would not happen again if there was a problem with the flight controller, or the receiver in the bird itself or any other electronic components (I wanted to know the CAUSE!). To my surprise, they sent me a RMA return label for the shipping on their dime.

They have had my unit since November 9th.

I just received an e-mail from them today... my drone is fixed, and on its way home!
Cost to me $0!!!!

Maybe it will be here by Christmas? :)

Yuneec DOES rule!

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
You are way ahead of me... my Typhoon H, even though it arrived to CS before yours, is still in a black hole somewhere.

Happy for you, sad for me.

You are way ahead of me... my Typhoon H, even though it arrived to CS before yours, is still in a black hole somewhere.

Happy for you, sad for me.

I see that you mentioned Syracuse?

The RMA they sent me had mine going to KAV in Kansas City MO.

I feel for you with the wait... I just about chewed my arm off waiting as long as I did!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apalomba