Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon with ST16

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm on vacation so I thought I'd go and fly my drone Thyphoon H But to my great surprise I no longer have the screen to pilot it "Welcome Pilot" I made a backup and I launched the backup factory and there nothing! So I put back my personal files (backup) and still nothing. I'm stressing, have I made a mistake? Can someone please help me?

I did a factory reset on the remote control and voilà!
The presence of "Flight Contral" in the upper right corner instead of "FlightLogParser" makes me suspect that is ST16S /H Plus firmware instead of ST16/Typhoon H firmware.
Please show a screenshot of the firmware "Build Number":
Firmware check.jpg

Last edited:
OK. That is definitely not the firmware for a Typhoon H ST16 Controller. To know which way to go, we really need to know which equipment versions you have.

Is your camera a CGo3+? If not, what camera is mounted?

Look at the gimbal sticks on your controller. Are the screws visible around the edge?
ST-16 - ST16S.jpg

Reactions: DCH and Steve Carr
I have the Typhoon H, with CGO3+ camera and Intel Inside captor. The remote control is an ST16.Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• 1690036203306.jpg
    1690036203306.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • 1690036203292.jpg
    1690036203292.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
OK. You will need to reload the correct ST16 firmware.
I am not sure if these instructions have been verified. I do not recognize the ST16S firmware build that is currently on your ST16. The instructions are for converting from an H Plus Build. They may be essentially the same, but there will be different screens.
Also, the instructions are in English. If you need another language I will have to try a translation.

Attachments

• ST16S Conversion to ST16.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
@Cobra1974,
The firmware version currently installed on your ST16 is an ST16S firmware, but it does not seem to match the controller firmware builds intended for HPlus, H3 or H520. Do you know where it came from or the drone model it addresses?

Everything works except the command test p 12 pt 26 that does not work and the information

Attachments

• 1690039239774.jpg
    1690039239774.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 1690039239791.jpg
    1690039239791.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 6
Everything works except the command test p 12 pt 26 that does not work and the information
Reboot the controller and try the test again.

Also, do a fast double tap of the volts icon on the main screen That will bring up another display of scales. Move your controls/switches/buttons/knobs and see if any of the scales change.

@Cobra1974,
The firmware version currently installed on your ST16 is an ST16S firmware, but it does not seem to match the controller firmware builds intended for HPlus, H3 or H520. Do you know where it came from or the drone model it addresses?
I don't know, I bought it second-hand.

Reboot the controller and try the test again.

Also, do a fast double tap of the volts icon on the main screen That will bring up another display of scales. Move your controls/switches/buttons/knobs and see if any of the scales change.
Nothing :-(

I am running the sequence on an HPlus ST16S to see if I get the same problem. Give me a few minutes and I will have a better idea of what may be wrong.
Thank you so much. I was wondering, isn't it the US firmware? Isn't there an EU firmware? Or more recent?

I converted an HPlus ST16S to ST16 firmware using the same instructions. The results are not clear Most of my controls work fine on the hardware page, but J1 is showing a problem. I will look into that.
There may be some issues since my controller is a native ST16S and yours is a native ST16. And we still do not know exactly what firmware is on your controller.

Do any of the control devices show any response on the test (Hardware Monitor) page?

I converted an HPlus ST16S to ST16 firmware using the same instructions. The results are not clear Most of my controls work fine on the hardware page, but J1 is showing a problem. I will look into that.
There may be some issues since my controller is a native ST16S and yours is a native ST16. And we still do not know exactly what firmware is on your controller.

Do any of the control devices show any response on the test (Hardware Monitor) page?
Do any of the control devices show any response on the test (Hardware Monitor) page? Response NO but you;ve a other firmware ( specific for ST16 ) ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maahdevbook