Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneecs Future in the US

Reaction score
Many people are complaining and concerned. Parts are very hard to get if not impossible. Customer Service used to be great.But now OMG
dang impossible. HMMM
Batteries for the 920
Forget about it. To
Many People are left
hanging. All comments
And gripes welcome.

Batteries availability for my H PLUS and/or 520 are starting to concern me.

Got this from Venom:
Subject: EXTENDED RANGE YUNEEC H520/TYPHOON H + (PLUS) 4S 7300MAH BATTERY
"Hello Dave,
We discontinued these batteries a few months back and no longer have these in stock.
Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you."

Thanks,

Andrew

Perhaps they'll only supply the EU Now, where they can charge two or three times as much for spares! ???

Reactions: KEITH KUHN

Got this from Venom:
"Hello Dave,
We discontinued these batteries a few months back and no longer have these in stock.

Thanks,

Andrew

Very interesting.

Got this from Venom:
"Hello Dave,

Thanks,

Andrew
Yuneec UK don't have any or a few dealers too.

Keith, this is the second or third thread like this you've started... if your opinion of Yuneec has dropped so much, why not explore other options... ?

Battery availability for the 920 is actually much, much better than for the other models. 920 owners only need to obtain a pair of batteries of suitable capacity that fit in the battery well.

For many of us, using two after market batteries instead of three factory batteries delivers considerably better flight time at less than half the cost of a factory battery set.

I would much rather be dealing with the 920 than any other brand or model that required a proprietary battery design. In fact, from what I’ve seen the 920 has fewer issues overall compared with other Yuneec models.

Battery availability for the 920 is actually much, much better than for the other models. 920 owners only need to obtain a pair of batteries of suitable capacity that fit in the battery well.

For many of us, using two after market batteries instead of three factory batteries delivers considerably better flight time at less than half the cost of a factory battery set.

I would much rather be dealing with the 920 than any other brand or model that required a proprietary battery design. In fact, from what I’ve seen the 920 has fewer issues overall compared with other Yuneec models.

I will pass this info on.
Thanks

I will tell my buddy

I agree with that, except prices, the best I've managed is £25 less on OEM, there are much cheaper over your way, rarely anything under £75.but that's reflected in OEM parts as well being much more expensive.

I agree with that, except prices, the best I've managed is £25 less on OEM, there are much cheaper over your way, rarely anything under £75.but that's reflected in OEM parts as well being much more expensive.

OEM 920 batteries are something like $249.00/pair and you need three of them. They aren’t sold as singles over here so you’re out nearly $500.00 for a set of batteries. I bought lower capacity aftermarket batteries for ~$74.00 each and only need a pair to fly longer and with fewer voltage warnings than with 3 OEM batteries.

One of the members here, SeaBee, somehow always manages to locate 920 parts sources with pretty darn good prices. Without going back to look I think a new 920+ FC was selling for <$50.00 and a GPS/compass unit for not much more. He even managed to locate what appeared to be the main U.S. parts repository.

So 920 parts are out there, and reasonably priced for at least some of them, but I’m sure geographical location will be an influence on both price and availability.

Some other nice things about the 920 is it’s larger and more expensive so people are less prone to do stupid things that break them, and fewer noobs screwing up the controller playing “whack a button”. Plus the firmware is stable, pretty much eliminating people locking things up with firmware upgrade attempts.

Last edited:
You might try,

Amazon
YuneecUSA
Vertigo Drones
Carolina Dronz
HobbyTown
Horizon Hobby

What are the dimensions of the H920 battery? Yuneec isn't the only company around selling 6s 22.2v lipos... And there are many out there much greater than 4000mah.

Everything anyone needs to know about 920 batteries and alternatives has already been said in the 920 Forum and alternative batteries thread. There have also been several threads covering this in the FB 920 owners group forum.

Despite what was said in the OP’s post, batteries are of little concern for the 920. Nor are they much of a factor for the H480, Q-500, and Chroma. All one needs to do is perform a little search work and be willing to make a few changes.

As for the future of Yuneec in the U.S., I feel it’s whatever they want it to be, but they need to be price and feature competitive, and much faster getting new product to market. If they can do that they will make sales and if they make sales they can rebuild their C.S.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Everything anyone needs to know about 920 batteries and alternatives has already been said in the 920 Forum and alternative batteries thread. There have also been several threads covering this in the FB 920 owners group forum.
Yeah guys, how dare you mention something that has already been said on a forum that is asking your opinions. Instead there are thousands of other threads that you can spend your time searching through the minutiae to make sure that what you say is completely original.
@PatR, I'll ask a simple question any time I like and have been on enough forums to know how to deal with people that are counterproductive. If you don't have an answer to a question or at least the OP then you're probably better served not commenting. Go troll somewhere else.

I digress back to the OP.

As the user's community we are more than capable of having some influence on product so I appreciate the post and those who have had actual constructive criticism that can be relayed. Being a beta tester I do have access to some who can start some internal discussions about how their product is being received and am willing to use some of my resources to help the brand improve. On the flipside I am also willing to spend/share resources on workarounds in the occasions that the brand has moved past or has no interest in. That said, I would recommend that if anyone wants a different option in batteries that they might want to check out the radio-controlled car market. We have been using and pushing the performance limits of lithium batteries years before drones. Spektrum, Traxxas and Dynamite all make some really good batteries with the same specs so they might have an option that would fit and would probably far outperform what Yuneec offers.

Customer service is another thing. I've personally never come across a major hardware manufacturer that reportedly had "good" customer service, but I have never had any problems getting responses from Yuneec's email support. they may not always come back with an answer that you've liked, but they have been responsive and in many times helpful.

@chascoadmin,

If you have had success using Yuneec Customer Support email, you are in an elite group as most will never get a response from emails to Yuneec.

I can only attribute your email success to your claim of being a beta tester (for Yuneec?).

I see you just recently joined the forum, so welcome to YuneecPilots. We hope your access to Yuneec can convey many members concerns with the company. We look forward to any light you can shed on Yuneec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReparacionDronesMedellin