Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Convert Typhoon H to PixHawk 6C Flight Controller

I know I read about the size the PixHawk 6C but, It is a tiny little thing... I thought it was bigger... So how much smaller is the mini?

Cables, cables, cables... Without gutting the entire TH, I'll need to resolve the cable connection issue. The connectors are different between the TH and the PixHawk 6C. That aside for the moment, I was able to connect the M10 GPS, the PM07 (no battery), the PWM modules and connect it to my laptop. It booted up just fine and I was able to connect it to QC, whereby I upgraded to latest PX4 firmware v1.14.0. GPS worked. On to the next step...

Ahh, I see, this one: Holybro Pixhawk 4 Power Module (PM07) | PX4 Guide (main)
This may be helpful when you will replace the ESCs too. If you want to keep the Typhoon H ESCs the power distribution is the already existing ESC board (main board).

Maybe the attached info can help...

Attachments

• MCU_connector.pdf
    367.7 KB · Views: 3
  • MCU_schematic.pdf
    626.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1midniterider
Reactions: DoomMeister
So for a Plan B... Should I go with individual ESC for each motor or dual 4in1 ESC? The TH motors are rated at 20A. Which is still a mind-boggling number given that the typical TH battery is rated at 4300mAH @ 14.8 VDC. I must be overthinking...

A 20A ESC should be enough. Hoovering takes around 16A all six motors. Depending on load, wind and throttle current may be 40A or 60A, possibly more at peak, but never seen in log so far. Logs came from H Plus which takes a bit more power but it is comparable. I would not go with 4 in 1 ESCs. I prefer individual ESCs because rplacement is cheaper and room is enough in the bird.

Reactions: 1midniterider
A 20A ESC should be enough. Hoovering takes around 16A all six motors. Depending on load, wind and throttle current may be 40A or 60A, possibly more at peak, but never seen in log so far. Logs came from H Plus which takes a bit more power but it is comparable. I would not go with 4 in 1 ESCs. I prefer individual ESCs because rplacement is cheaper and room is enough in the bird.
Thanks for the info... So other than cost, any there other difference? Are there reliability or performance differences?

Here is a diagram for connecting two 4in1 ESC to the PixHawk 6C with PM07 power module.

Attachments

• PixHawk_6C_with_4in1_ESC-v2.png
    PixHawk_6C_with_4in1_ESC-v2.png
    942.6 KB · Views: 3
I'm all in to help, I have several home builts and the parts are much better than having a mainboard with all the electronics installed. There are some very small escs, mostly 4in1 but there are so many advances today, I would use canbus on everything, holydro have good canbus escs, I think I will join along if you get started, except I would build on the H+ platform, that might eliminate you and your project. The platform is so good, the corp attitude straight stinks and downright screws you over, how anyone would purchase an 850 from them I just dont know. Terrible company and support
DroneCan ESCs, interesting concept... Have you used them?

Here is a diagram for connecting two 4in1 ESC to the PixHawk 6C with PM07 power module.
Are you sure you want to to connect the UART wire for telemetry in parallel? This is not allowed because both could try to send and then you get it scrambled. UART is point to point connection from my point of view.

Are you sure you want to to connect the UART wire for telemetry in parallel? This is not allowed because both could try to send and then you get it scrambled. UART is point to point connection from my point of view.
Odd... I thought I responded to this earlier... The connection info came from Holybro tech support and said that either the PMU PWM or the I/O PWM pins could be used.

Speedybee had something similar but, their diagram did not have the Current and Telemetry pins connected.

I would connect the telemetry UART (green/yellow on your picture) only to the one ESC board with 4 motors and let the other on (+2 motors) alone.

There are a lot of step-down converter (buck converter) on the market. Some with fix 3.3V some adjustable.
Example: Tested: MINI-360 (MP2307-based) “3A” Buck Converter Module

I have a lot of that mini buck converter in use.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axel66