Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 New Quads

Reaction score
I have the option to buy 2 new quads I was thinking the Typhoon H and maybe the typhoon Q 500k+, what do you think good choices or one a DJI brand. My limit is 4k total.

Last edited:
If it was me, I'd go with an "H" and a Phantom.

I currently have a Phantom 3 and a Q500 4k. Comparing the two that I have, I feel the Phantom is a little more advanced. The user interface is better on the Phantom. I like the mini-map which gives me the location of where my Quad is. It "talks" to me rather than just beeps. Controls on the Q500 can sometimes feel "laggy". I've not experienced that with my Phantom.

On the plus side for the Q500, you don't need a separate screen like an Ipad, the rabbit mode is great for AP as the Phantom can move a tad too quick even when you thin you are going slow....

Just my .02....

I have the option to buy 2 new quads I was thinking the Typhoon H and maybe the typhoon Q 500k+, what do you think good choices or one a DJI brand. My limit is 4k total.

If it was me, I'd go with an "H" and a Phantom.

I currently have a Phantom 3 and a Q500 4k. Comparing the two that I have, I feel the Phantom is a little more advanced. The user interface is better on the Phantom. I like the mini-map which gives me the location of where my Quad is. It "talks" to me rather than just beeps. Controls on the Q500 can sometimes feel "laggy". I've not experienced that with my Phantom.

On the plus side for the Q500, you don't need a separate screen like an Ipad, the rabbit mode is great for AP as the Phantom can move a tad too quick even when you thin you are going slow....

Just my .02....
Thanks

I went and got a phantom 4 just for the **** of it. IT's GOING BACK. Have a Q500+ and i love it. $600 compared to $1500 with tax. Its junk. The app sucks and DJI WILL TELL YOU IT DONT WORK. If you ever get to talk to them. And you will not. Yuncee answers the phone. But are slow on repairs. At least for me. Waiting on one i sent in. Hope yuncee gets this hint. Have every intention of getting a H as soon as i can save some TOY money up. Get the Q+ or the 4k IF YOU TV CAN PLAY 4k.

Big Yuneec fan here . . . . whenever it's not in the shop. 2 no pilot error crashes and my 4K has been in the shop longer than I have used it.
Was very excited about the CES Typhoon H hype but I am now seriously looking at the Phantom 4.
I really don't want my 4K back but they don't have an upgrade program yet.
Also, I may have a lemon . . . but my 4 K camera or my ST 10 don't work well at all. You hit record, ST says it's recording but once you view the files . . . nothing or very abbreviated 10 second clip of a 5 minute video. And if I get out more than 500 feet .. . the WIFI or something is shutting off and video stops.
Light 2 foot crashes, again, not pilot error . . . the camera pops out of the gimbal mount too easily so I used small cable ties to prevent that.
They keep fixing it for free . .. . but I would rather have something that works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz