Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

30x Optical zoom camera coming to H520

1080p video resolution they didn't break the asses.
They could have done a little better, to stand out from its competitor, since it is the same.
Hmmm... agreed, not similar, same! So is it Competition or shared components in a Chinese Plant? Either shared components or a spec copy clone in electronics.... and for a 3-4 yr old Z30, would probably be something obtainable in the Chinese Industry.

SENSOR1/2.8 inch CMOS
EFFECTIVE PIXELS2.13 MP

eeeeeeeeeee ? ??
LOL... good one! Agreed.
But for it's intended purpose... inspection or observation: it works!
It's "brother of specs" has obtained a great reputation in the field.
A used excellent condition Z30 still gets near retail value $3000

LOL... good one! Agreed.
But for it's intended purpose... inspection or observation: it works!
It's "brother of specs" has obtained a great reputation in the field.
A used excellent condition Z30 still gets near retail value $3000

Yes, but you said it perfectly, a new product but it's 3 or 4 years old already. That another company is still selling it at the price of gold doesn't mean anything. In fact I think that with the 6x analog zoom for 99% of the applications it is more than correct and no dance included.

But it's precisely that old age in a new product that doesn't make it attractive. I would like, apart from myself, to know about those of us who are present, who would be more interested in a decent sensor, a 2020 sensor, with a 4K resolution and a 6X analog zoom ?¿???????????????????????????????????

Reactions: chascoadmin
Yes, but you said it perfectly, a new product but it's 3 or 4 years old already. That another company is still selling it at the price of gold doesn't mean anything. In fact I think that with the 6x analog zoom for 99% of the applications it is more than correct and no dance included.

But it's precisely that old age in a new product that doesn't make it attractive. I would like, apart from myself, to know about those of us who are present, who would be more interested in a decent sensor, a 2020 sensor, with a 4K resolution and a 6X analog zoom ?¿???????????????????????????????????
Oh I’m 100% with ya. I’d like a 3-6x, adj Aperture, 1“ sensor.
I’ve been waiting for a Z3 update and similar model for the H520. The Z3 was a very practical & functional camera 8-9 yrs ago... a similar & improved camera would be great!

The E30Z also looks identical to the Z30 physically... if it’s the same in physical size, that’s a hefty Payload for the H520. Again, 3-4yrs technology jumped forward you’d assume smaller lighter package too.

Reactions: chascoadmin
Yes, but you said it perfectly, a new product but it's 3 or 4 years old already. That another company is still selling it at the price of gold doesn't mean anything.
Gold $$
When the Z30 was released... 4 yrs ago, it sold for $8000.
About 2 yrs later, there were several price cuts on products and the Z30 was dropped to $3000.

Talk about a pisser... if ya purchased at $8000 about 6 months earlier. Sting!! You still see some listing a used model at $4500... maybe not aware of price drop.

Gold... shall we discuss the XT-R 640 or XT2... way over priced!!

Gold $$
When the Z30 was released... 4 yrs ago, it sold for $8000.
About 2 yrs later, there were several price cuts on products and the Z30 was dropped to $3000.

Talk about a pisser... if ya purchased at $8000 about 6 months earlier. Sting!! You still see some listing a used model at $4500... maybe not aware of price drop.

Gold... shall we discuss the XT-R 640 or XT2... way over priced!!
I think your just throwing out a bunch of technobabble out to impress us!;)

He surfaces again... you been hiding under the snow blankets! Great to get a dig from ya!
Yeah the jackboot government let me out of the free speech jail

Why would you need an 8X digital zoom when you already have 30X optical zoom?
That’s a 6X, producing 180x total. Surveillance might find useful.

Agree that’s pretty strong... on the Z30, I have used some digital zoom... the full 180x is viewable but not any quality or clarity.

That’s a 6X, producing 180x total. Surveillance might find useful.

Agree that’s pretty strong... on the Z30, I have used some digital zoom... the full 180x is viewable but not any quality or clarity.
Other than having the dig zoom built into the camera is it any different than zooming in with Photoshop?

You would think by zooming in with software that you would be reducing the size of the image and the pixel count?

Aren’t we just increasing the size of the pixels, when viewing, when we are zooming? (E.g. Photoshop zoom function.)

Zoom is different than resizing and/or resampling. We are not discarding or reducing size of pixels, but rather taking a magnifying glass to them.

Jeff

Reactions: thoneter
Aren’t we just increasing the size of the pixels, when viewing, when we are zooming? (E.g. Photoshop zoom function.)

Zoom is different than resizing and/or resampling. We are not discarding or reducing size of pixels, but rather taking a magnifying glass to them.

Jeff
Maybe the better ?. Is the digital zoom any different than using Photoshop and using the magnifying tool?

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Other than having the dig zoom built into the camera is it any different than zooming in with Photoshop?
Comes down to when you need the magnification. The quality of the image size isn’t great, around 3meg. Zooming retains the 3meg file vs cropping/enlarging Post WorkBut, post with good tools could enlarge and probably improve preceived detail.
Exp: a blurry license plate could be improved with a few enlarging tools.

But this zoom’s primary purpose (at least the Z30) was to collect data and be able to zoom in close. It’s not intended for photos of any quality beyond an instrument to review or evaluate.

Any more than a 2X digital - yes I mean digital - zoom doesn’t make much sense, as you’re just enlarging pixels. Any more than that and I think it just gets too pixelated to be useful.
I agree unless there's interpolative software built in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nubestpremiumsupplements